Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default stop, attack, follow

im trying out a rogue and druid combo, so i have the druid following.

how do i do this assuming im already following.
    stop follow
    target mob
    cast
    follow

is that possible or do i need separate commands:[

You can't stop follow in a macro. You need to use some kind of movement key. I usually hit my "spread out" key, for instance.

There are a lot of different systems for targeting. Probaby the simplest is to set focus on all of your clones to your main, then use a macro like this to cast offensive spells:

Code:
    /cast [harm,nodead][target=focustarget,harm,nodead] SpellName
    See the stickies for more info.
    All my codes r belong to you: wow5box

physical attack will break your follow for you, as well if that helps?

Assuming you are using your rogue as main character.

You dont actually need to have your druid stop following you. His cast range is not limited like a hunters so range is irrelevant.

so your follow macro is

/follow Rogue

or if you are using focus

/follow focus

your attact macro

/assist Roguename
    /cast Wrath

then hit your follow command again, I suggest as a base, use f as your follow keybind as it is close to the ASDW keys for ease of tapping all the time. Get used to hitting that key all the time. I cannot count the ammount of times Ive left my healer in Ashenvale and Ive been in XRoads or something. :P

If you use focus instead

/cast [focus=focustarget] Wrath

Makes things simpler, best used for PVE groups as your focus wont change much if at all.

Thats if you are running your druid as a caster/healer mode. If your trying to mellee with it, then best of luck but I haven't tried that.

Also, assuming the above, maybe try with having your Wrath macro on your E key to spam while your mouse clicking with rogue, i know rogues tend to be mouse spammers, if you play like me that is, then you can just spam the wrath from the E key with ease. If you were wanting to pause the follow as keeping it on follow is messing up you going behind the target for those abilities then you will need to set up a close to hand key for back on your keyboard, maybe X key or Q as an alternate key (second column in your keybindings) in adition to your other movement keys. But make sure you spam the F key after to keep your druid close and not leave him in zones. :P

Khayos

Alot depends on your set up but if the druid is melee this is how I do it when he is following my meleeing shammy. I bind the arrow keys as movement keys only to the druid. I have a macro key which is /follow <roguename>. All my druid spells/attacks are macro'd as

#showtooltip

/assist <roguename>

/cast <spellname>

/startattack

this way he is following the main already (like u had) I have the movement key bound so that i can take him out of autofollow if I want (stop follow) or control him entirely on his own if need be. When I enter combat he attacks how I want which auto stops follow and ensures melee attacking even if the attack doesn't go through. Post the battle I click my bound /follow macro (bound to mouse for ease) and I am on my way. I tend to hit that /follow macro often in combat too when moving between mobs, it has become integral to my fighting. Hope that helps some

Quote Originally Posted by 'Khayos',index.php?page=Thread&postID=50465#post50 465
    Assuming you are using your rogue as main character.

You dont actually need to have your druid stop following you. His cast range is not limited like a hunters so range is irrelevant.

although if you don't want to pull agro you will want the druid more than 8 yards away (assuming it is a caster)
    [align=center]AeineiA AeineiB AeneiC AenieD AeineiX
    All your soul are belong to us
    "They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead"
    The Wiki is your Friend
    [/align]