Hello all.
I'm curently building a new gaming computer, and my question is mainly focused on WoW.

Blizzard has "upgraded" its engine for WoW lately, but I've seen many posts here and there about the very poor manadgement of the Nvidia GTX10XX Pascal architecture and sometimes bad performance. (many posts about really poor frame rate).

With my actual system (and a GTX 780 Ti 3G) I can 5-box without any real issue almost everywhere at 60 fps foreground and 4x25 fps background, except in Suramar (city) and sometimes the Broken Shore (some places), where I have sometimes very nasty fps drops, even with swap tricks (reducing texture filtering, view distance, weather density, ground clutter etc for background windows).

So, my question is kinda simple, to people who had the chance/time to test multiple configurations recently (MiRai, maybe? ) in short :
A GTX 980 (or even a 980 Ti with a good deal) or a 1070 8G for WoW (the 1080 is still a little bit overpriced for me atm).

I know that the 980 series are kinda "outdated" now, and I don't play WoW exclusively, but I don't want to build a new system and get poor performance on this game.

Thanks in advance for any help