Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Threaded View

Default Build critique? Please, and thanks : ) (WoW)

Hello all : )
    I've always wanted to multibox and I got the itch real hard because my current hand-me-down comp is dying.
    So, with the addition of token--> BNet balance, my comp dying and needing a new one, why not get into boxing : )

I don't know much about computer hardware, so I've been doing a lot of research and talking with friends/randoms to get this build list.
    If you'd like to give a word of advice please do!

Things I need:
    To be able to at the very least 5 box WoW, but, I'd like to possibly go to 8 or 10 in the future.
    I have never played WoW on ultra, so that's not needed. I just need to be able to see stuff good enough to not 'stand in fire.'
    Windows/Discord/Browser/Spotify maybe
    To have it last a decent amount of time.
    2x 1080 monitor at the most.

Things I don't do:
    Stream
    Video Record
    Use crazy good monitors.

Build.. (prices listed are my local Microcenter, after rebate when applicable. I don't really need price critiqued, just rig ability to multibox.)

Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 Boxed Processor- 300
    Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler - 100
    ASUS GeForce Strix GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 PCIe Video Card w/ Aura- RGB Lighting - 390
    Mobo: AS Rock z170 pro4s - 64
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - 1pk DSP OEM DVD - 110
    Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal SSD Single Unit Version MZ-75E250B/AM - 100
    Crucial 32GB 16GB x 2 DDR4-2400 PC4-19200 Desktop Memory Kit - 210
    Corsair CX Series CX750M 750 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply - 65
    Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-02 Redshift ATX Special Edition Gaming Case w/ Red LED Fans - 45

The only problem I see right now, that I know of, is the case might not be big enough for the cooler so I'm looking at case upgrades.

Any issues for boxing here?
    I very much appreciate any help!

Thanks
    Kevin

*Edits for formatting issues.
    Last edited by Deadpete : 03-02-2017 at 05:47 PM