Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I am going solo

Default I am going solo

A couple days ago I finished leveling my 11th WoW team to 120. Can you say BURNOUT?!?!?! My original goal was to have 22 teams at 120, but thats not going to happen.

The majority of my accounts expire in the coming week and I wont be renewing them. My main account has a couple years before it expires, and I have enough gold probably to stay subbed with tokens forever.

So I am just going to play Classic solo. I have reserved a couple names on the two PvE pacific servers Atiesh and Myzrael.

No doubt you'll still see me around here, seems to be a habit to check the forums every day even if not boxing. But if not, Take Care everyone!!

John

Have fun and playing classic solo sounds like a fantastic recovery plan, and then the bug will bite you again and your other accounts will be waiting for you
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    A couple days ago I finished leveling my 11th WoW team to 120. Can you say BURNOUT?!?!?! My original goal was to have 22 teams at 120, but thats not going to happen.

The majority of my accounts expire in the coming week and I wont be renewing them. My main account has a couple years before it expires, and I have enough gold probably to stay subbed with tokens forever.

So I am just going to play Classic solo. I have reserved a couple names on the two PvE pacific servers Atiesh and Myzrael.

No doubt you'll still see me around here, seems to be a habit to check the forums every day even if not boxing. But if not, Take Care everyone!!

John
    Soloing can u cope?

Atiesh where I will be rolling with horde friends hope to see u there!

Good luck bud keep in contact ne

It's definitely burnout from leveling that many teams. When it's all said and done you'll have a ton of options when/if you do come back so all is not wasted!
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

John Solo, brother of Han.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I hope you get some respite and if is good for you that you get your second wind (or eigth 😉).

From what I have read it is actually more efficient leveling as a 5box team than solo. Also some classes are more dependent than others on gear and some pre-raid BiS gear sets require lots more grinding and some classes are more painful to level solo than others...

With that in mind I would consider doing a 5box team to cap to boost and initially gear your main and then let the other 4 accounts lapse.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I guarantee 5boxing is NOT more efficient than solo (as in /played for get to 60; obviously you end up with 5 and not 1 toon, but certainly not faster than 1 person alone would)
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv

I have 12 teams at level 120.
    Once 8.2 came out did that grind and then I hit that wall and unplugged took some time off .

I am back playing I am still boxing and playing solo as well.

Good luck John we shall see ya in Classic Peace
    5 Boxing ❮WicKeD ArmY❯ Runetotem US Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Moorea View Post
    I guarantee 5boxing is NOT more efficient than solo (as in /played for get to 60; obviously you end up with 5 and not 1 toon, but certainly not faster than 1 person alone would)
    Oh for sure. The classic quests are nowhere near as multiboxer friendly. So 5 boxing it won't be that great. I will say though dual boxing is the play. DPS + Healer will do just fine and you only have to collect twice. Not a big deal. And you can pull a lot more trash with lower recovery time.

To John: I know the feeling. Been there many times. It becomes somewhat a pointless endeavor having no goal other than to build bigger and bigger sets of teams. As adults we have far better and more productive things to do with our time. More rewarding as well. I did what you did but not 22 teams simply 6 teams and when looking at all the grind I had to do (pre-8.2) I said no thanks.

You do get over it. I basically ditched every team but my main team and now focusing on getting better at M+ with what I have. It's been a lot better having a lower team footprint and a clear agenda.