Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Trying some new talents - Vault of the Wardens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-M8o5aOQZg

This is my first video after the self healing nerfs that pallies received a while ago. The difference is noticeable, but this setup still works.

I have switched some talents just before this dungeon:

Tier 1: Consecrated hammer instead of Holy Shield. This is a DPS increase, and should be nice for some survival cases also. In many stressful situations I am moving my characters, meaning I probably will not be standing in my consecration. Not getting the bonus to SotR and LotP in those situations can be very bad.

Tier 2: Anything else instead of First Avenger. Before I had this talent just to boost single target dps/defense in boss fights. By not choosing First Avenger we get better performance on multiple mobs. I don't really know which other talents is best, but Bastion of Light can save your team in a difficult situation. And/or give an Enormous dps burst with many SotR. I didn't use that talent in this video, but looking back it would have been a nice dps boost for the bosses with the vulnerability periods (Glazer and Ash'golm).

Tier 4: Blinding Light instead of Repentance. If I am going to have any chance on beating a mythic+ timer in the future, there is no time for CC by repentance. Blinding Light rotation on large trash pulls means a team of 5 paladins can keep AoE up, even while the enemies are disoriented. This is also essential to survive big packs. We can spread out the usage, to give us periods of time to recover health.

Very Nice!

This is my favorite 5 boss mythic dungeon.

3 bossses almost back to back!

Nice! Especially how easy you make Cordana look. What race are your Palas? Mine are belfs.

I have been leveling and use Consecrated hammer, Crusaders Judgment & Blinding light... find them really useful... been leveling in Heirlooms spamming dungeons back to back, stuff just dies so fast.

So far I'm really enjoying the Palas

I'm wondering what will come out on top for me though, this team or my Holy Priest with x4 BM Hunters. - I guess the Hunters would take a lot of aoe damage but will have heals.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 09-30-2016 at 11:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Xeneres View Post
    Very Nice!

This is my favorite 5 boss mythic dungeon.

3 bossses almost back to back!
    Yes I like this dungeon very much. I usually dislike many bosses in a dungeon, but here it's only the second boss I'm finding just being troublesome.
    By the way I forgot, and tried to go in again to get it, but it had reset. Have you done the optional boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Nice! Especially how easy you make Cordana look. What race are your Palas? Mine are belfs.

I have been leveling and use Consecrated hammer, Crusaders Judgment & Blinding light... find them really useful... been leveling in Heirlooms spamming dungeons back to back, stuff just dies so fast.

So far I'm really enjoying the Palas

I'm wondering what will come out on top for me though, this team or my Holy Priest with x4 BM Hunters. - I guess the Hunters would take a lot of aoe damage but will have heals.
    Mine are humans

Cordana is a fun boss. The mechanics are hard and unforgiving, but there is no extra complexity doing it as a boxer. However one thing that happened my first attempt ever (was not mythic then). My tank got kicked off, and the slaves were on follow (and I did not stop them in time) so they all fell off :P

Blinding light I especially like by now. I found some boss encounters it's very helpful at also. For example second boss in court of stars, totally handles the imps.

I haven't played my team yet, but on paper I am leaning towards consecrated hammer as well.

I thought I read a patch note somewhere that First Avenger was going to be changed to still do the 50% bonus dmg on the 1st mob hit by the shield, but they were removing the part which removes the additional bounces. Will have to look again to see if I am imagining things, but if not that makes that talent much more interesting to me.

What are you doing in the 100 tier? I really want to like Last Defender....
    Currently running 10 miners in Eve Online.

I use Righteous Protector myself.