Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 30

Threaded View

Default Return to Karazhan Dungeon

I was able to kill a few of the bosses last night:

I thought it would be easy and did not record anything (I was wrong!). I discovered that is not quite the case. I may stream it as I run the dungeon but I must say there is a lot of frustration trial and error and wiping when learning a new dungeon especially when you were not able to go from Normal > Heroic > Mythic. Of course, most people like to watch the frustration! This dungeon is definitely a step up from even Mythic+5 dungeons. I must say I'm somewhat impressed with how blizzard they handled this dungeon. The bosses are not that easy and the dungeon feels like a 5 man raid.

I was able to clear 3 bosses last night Wikket (Opera), Moroes and Attumen/Midnight. I one shot Wikket and Moroes. I was in there for about 2 hours. I had a bit more headache on Attumen before I beat it and gave it about 5 tries on Maiden before calling it quits for the night.

I was somewhat reading the dungeon journal and wowheads guide whenever I got stuck or wondered what just happened to my team when they were horribly horribly destroyed by something.

There is an instance bug with the dungeon where if you zoned out or were disconnected and logged in at the nearest graveyard your characters would be put into a reset instance with all bosses and trash back up. This happened after I zoned out for only a few seconds. To work around this, I zoned out, left the party and had all of my toons zone back in out of group and then once inside I invited all of my characters back to party. I did this on the toon that was not being kicked out of the instance.

I don't believe it should soft reset like most dungeons do where if you come back to it after an hour or two all the trash and bosses will be back up and you will have to clear to them again to get back to where you were. Blizzard stated that this is not a dungeon most groups will do in a single sitting. So I believe this is due to the instancing bug and not what is intended. It would certainly turn me off of the dungeon if I had to clear all the Trash and early bosses again to get back to where I was.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/return...egy#opera-hall

I'll post some comments and strategy as it relates to multiboxers for each of the trash mobs and boss encounters as I beat/fight them (or maybe cannot beat them?!)

I also need to remember that I have the control undead ability so I can make a little army of helpful NPCs to help me clear trash faster and maybe even use them for some of the bosses.

Notable Trash:

The golden rule in this dungeon, at least after experiencing most of the lower half, is if it can be stunned or interrupted you should probably do that.

The trash (so far in the lower part) is not that bad and I think is even easier than most trash in the Mythic+ dungeons.

Ghostly Philanthropists - These things are evil and melt melee teams you either need stun them when they cast or run away from their "Pennies From Heaven" ability. Its lots of golden swirls on the ground. I was surprised at how fast this killed a team of 5 tanks (like 1.5 seconds fast)

Bosses:

Opera Event (Wikket) - 2 bosses ~ 160 million HP shared bosses with adds with a few million HP

This was a very easy boss fight. There are two bosses that share HP and have around 160 million life. They do abilities but I found they were not that dangerous. They summon Monkey adds you need to kill. They put purple swirls on the ground around the room that knock you in the air (they do not do that much damage). From time to time they will cast an ability (can't remember what it was called) that does AoE damage to everyone on the floor so you want to hit the purple swirls and get knocked into the air to dodge the mechanic on the ground. It was not that damaging for 5 tanks so I just ignored it and focused on killing adds and then continued damaging the bosses, while dodging the purple swirly things. The swirly knock up things I don't believe moved or if they did it was very slow.

Moroes - ~4x 16-18 million HP adds and a ~65 million HP Boss:

Medium difficulty fight that gets way easier after you kill adds. I lost nearly of my toons very quickly with the combination of all the damage from all of the adds and had to burn through all my brezes. There are 4 adds that are random each week chosen from a pool of 6. Each one of them has an ability that you will need to handle or at least CC the worst of the adds to make killing the easier ones first. I only used CC on one add and fought all of the rest all at once. Going into it, I really didn't know what they did just knew that I wanted to CC one of them and focus the adds down first. Around Moroes area you can pick up "Ghost Traps" and use them during the fight to CC the adds if your groups lacks a lot of soft CC. I only have 1 repentance but I only learned about the traps until after I did the fight. I probably will not use them and just brute force the bosses each week after CCing the worst add.

I believe my adds were Lady Keira Berrybuck, Lord Robin Daris, Baroness Dorothea Millstipe, and Lady Catriona Von'indi.

I CCd Catriona because she heals. After doing the fight that was a mistake I should have CCd Keira instead as she buffs Moroes with 100% damage and 75% attack speed which caused him to demolish my toons with most of the other adds active. It didnt matter if moroes healed during this part as I was focusing on the adds. I believe the majority of my deaths on the fight which caused me to use all of my battle rezes and 4 man the fight after two adds were dead were because of moroes demolishing my toons with the buff from Keira and his own Coat Check debuff.

Moroes did what he did in BC and will vanish and apply garrote to people. The garrotes do not go away and he will keep doing it which eventually the damage will get too high and will start to kill toons. He deals moderate damage. He does have a mean debuff called coat check that is dispellable (magic only). I can use AMS on the DK he is casting it on and go immune to the debuf. I can also throw out magic blessing to also make the toon he casts it on immune. I did not do this very well which is probably why it was such a sloppy kill. When this happened I would taunt trade to handle it.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 10-27-2016 at 04:21 PM