Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Threaded View

Default My Legion Team - Darkheart Thicket Mythic

I've said that with Legion I will expand my multiboxing setup, and create a mixed team with a designated tank, healer etc. But as I and more of us have discovered, 5 tanks can perform very well in the Legion dungeons. Currently protection does fair dps, as compared to Ret which is just bad. They are also very much fun.
    Well I guess this is kind of new to me, focusing on surviving and managing mechanics, instead of just killing the boss instantly.

This is my first mythic in Legion. ILvl of my chars is around 828. I hardly know the tactics and the only ability looked up after my heroic run was the grip on second boss.

If I remember right I did not wipe on any boss. So I learned how to handle each boss during the encounter.
    First and last boss were no problems. Third boss was a nice challenge.

Second boss caught me off guard. I had set up some macros to give the talented Blessing of Spellwarding to the grip target.

It would probably have worked to rotate 5 times with the 30 sec forbearence, if not I could just switch tank.
    However, as the first grip came I noticed that the boss stopped targeting the main tank grip target, making my macro cast on the wrong character. But now I don't think this talent mitigates the damage after seeing that not even Divine Shield stopped it.
    Anyway as I adapted to the fight I could minimize the overall damage taken, to save some heals for the grip target to get through even with fewer heals available.

Overall this team performs fairly well. The only problem is to get a good balance of how the healing should be done. Sometimes the aoe is just so big that every char needs the heal for itself, leaving the bosses current hit target vulnerable.
    Defensive cooldowns has to be rotated just to save either the tank or the group with the limited healing. So the room for error is minimal. For example on Dresaron things are looking kind of grim when I accidentally spawn some smaller dragons. Divine Shield saved that, and I was lucky that the team was not affected by forbearance then.
    Last edited by davidmage : 09-13-2016 at 04:15 PM