My virus scare for the day.

I had Battle.net launcher open, I had 1 wow window open logged into my bank alt viewing my pet list. I had 1 Google Chrome browser open to the Pet Battle forum on the official blizzard forums.

I was posting a new message, and was taking a long time, must have been open typing for about 5 minutes or so when a notice popped up on my screen. It said my computer was now locked and I needed to call a phone number to unlock it. The message had focus and I couldn't click anything to close the browser.

I wish I would have taken a screenshot but I panicked.

I did not click OK, I pressed Ctrl-Alt-Del and ended the Google Chrome Browser session. This seemed to fix everything. I opened Chrome again and deleted all data, cookies, browser history, passwords, etc. I ran AV antivirus, I ran Spybot Search and Destroy, I ran Spyware Blaster. No problems were found.

Everything seems to me that it was a JavaScript message that popped up and was on Blizzards server, nothing on my computer. Gut feeling tells me if I would have clicked OK it would have run a file to infect me for real.

But after running all the spyware and anit-virus stuff I shut down my computer, posting on my laptop right now.

Do you think it was Blizzard that was hacked or do I have some hidden malware? Any other anti-virus or spyware remover program you think I should run?