Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Lightbulb Coming back to Legion for 5 Boxing Mixed Group. Need suggestions on tank and healer.

I'm getting the itch to multibox 5 again for the first time since end of Wrath. I thinking of running a mixed group for Legion. I have the following classes available at 100: Druid, Warrior, Paladin, Warlock, Mage, Hunter, Priest.

I've always used my paladin as my tank in the past, but am considering using a Guardian druid or protection warrior this time around for something different. Here are some of the group configs I'm thinking of trying. I want to include the Mage and Warlock for portals and summons. Any thoughts on which tank and healer combo would work best for heroics and mythic+ dungeons in Legion?

Guardian Druid / Prot Warrior / Prot Paladin (Tank)
    Arcane Mage (DPS)
    Destro Warlock (DPS)
    Marksman Hunter (DPS) / Balance Druid (DPS)
    Holy Priest / Resto Druid (Healer)

Thanks guys, I sure hope Legion brings back a bunch of the long time multi-boxers again. Would be fun to have these forums busy again with group ideas, dungeon strategies, macros, etc. again.
    Hyjal (Horde) Guild: Shock n Awe

I am running a prot Pally/BM Hunter/Demon WArlock/Ele Shaman/Holy priest team atm. I will probably ding 100 tonight. I get decent DPS from the warlock and hunter but I cant seem to get the shaman's rotation going in isboxer. I might change him for a melee.

I think the pally is still the only viable option since it is pretty much a set rotation for tanking where druid is a lot of situational spell in order to avoid certain type of damage. I tried warrior as well but to AOE tank they are not as good as pally. I really recommend you go with BM hunter. It is basically a first come first serve 3 button rotation. mine is LVL 99 and I get 15000+ DPS ilvl 670

destroy warlock was my spec pre pre patch but I find having to track Dots is not something I can do when multiboxing.(or not as much as id like).

But again part of the fun of MB is the challenge to set everything just right in order to complete content!

Welcome back and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Atwaa View Post
    I am running a prot Pally/BM Hunter/Demon WArlock/Ele Shaman/Holy priest team atm. I will probably ding 100 tonight. I get decent DPS from the warlock and hunter but I cant seem to get the shaman's rotation going in isboxer. I might change him for a melee.

I think the pally is still the only viable option since it is pretty much a set rotation for tanking where druid is a lot of situational spell in order to avoid certain type of damage. I tried warrior as well but to AOE tank they are not as good as pally. I really recommend you go with BM hunter. It is basically a first come first serve 3 button rotation. mine is LVL 99 and I get 15000+ DPS ilvl 670

destroy warlock was my spec pre pre patch but I find having to track Dots is not something I can do when multiboxing.(or not as much as id like).

But again part of the fun of MB is the challenge to set everything just right in order to complete content!

Welcome back and have fun!
    Thanks, I didn't realize Destro locks had changed that much. I'm now leaning towards the following group after reviewing the pre-legion class changes this afternoon.

Prot Paladin (Tank)
    Arcane Mage (DPS)
    Balance Druid (DPS)
    Marksman or BM Hunter (DPS)
    Holy Priest (Healer)

This will also mix up the armor types a bit more plus I really like the balance druid changes so far. Have fun with your group!
    Hyjal (Horde) Guild: Shock n Awe