Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default 5 boxing status in todays game

Hey guys... I ran a 5 box around 6 years ago and could do almost all instances... I know I know, its been awhile... anyway, what I am wondering is if they made end game dungeons and such hard to 5 box now. I am not really interested in 5boxing old content and just mauling through it... I am hoping the last few releases in WoW still allow someone to 5 box them. Is there enough new content the last 5 years or so to keep me busy 5boxing the instances for awhile?

Can anyone give me their feedback on this before I reactivate all 5 accounts again? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Anyone recommend a boxing friendly guild out there with a lot of veterans in it that play for the game and not for profit?
    Last edited by StephenMB : 07-03-2016 at 01:07 AM

Well, the last 5-6 years (Cataclysm, Pandaria, WoD) has definitely held a good amount of 5-man content. How much of it will interests you I can't say. Suppose old expansion content does have a tendency to become somewhat irrelevant rather quickly after the launch of the next expansion...

As far as difficulty, people are managing to clear even mythic dungeons (I've seen a few people doing them in appropriate ilvl gear). The mechanics, as far as I know are mostly OK, apart from a few annoying fights. Not sure if anyone is doing challenge modes though. Based on the success Kruschpak had with them in Mists of Pandaria (clearing all gold as 4x Enhancement with a friend tanking on a DK) I would imagine some kind of success can be found in them in atleast some of them by skilled individuals.

All in all, I would say there is a good amount of 5-man content in the game. However most of it often feels somewhat dated in terms of the gear (and thus progression) you can get, compared to just doing some of the catch up mechanics (Tanaan Jungle content for example). Of course if you're just playing at your own pace and not worried about keeping up with gear ASAP, then that does not matter I suppose.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Series-Paladin

I dont know if you heard about challenge mode dungeons, but they seem to be interesting in Legion. In MOP and WOD challange modes had no rewards, just cosmetic stuff. With that to be changed I think hardcore pve boxers can have alot of fun with that new system.

Heroics in general are fairly easy with a few exceptions for boxers but they're all doable.
    Last edited by Kruschpakx4 : 07-03-2016 at 05:58 AM

Thanks to both of you for the response. Since it has been so long, is there 5 classes that seem to be the favorite out there for a boxers group? I think before I ran with Paladin, Cleric and 3 Shamans as did a lot of people that wanted the most effective group to get the farthest in the game.

What is the best 5 man group in today's game?

Quote Originally Posted by blazicks View Post
    What is the best 5 man group in today's game?
    5 DPS

I do heroics with my PvP geared 5 hunter team faster than I do with PvE Pali tank/Disc Priest/Ele Shaman/Mage/Warlock team. Hunters pretty much just run through without stopping.

I've tried Mythics with both teams and I can do a boss here and there but neither team has cleared any. Still room for me to grow.

With the current state of WoD, where late season PvP gear is easily available, you can perform very well with 5 dps in most dungeons. I'm currently experiencing with a team of 5 shamans with easily acquired PvP gear. They are already breezing through heroics, so I'm looking at mythics now.

This works mainly by killing the boss so fast that many troublesome mechanics doesn't get to be active very long anyway, and burning any dmg reduction cooldowns during that time.

However I have had a look at the Beta, and this will be so much harder to do in Legion for all classes I've looked at. (5 dps group) And to be honest if your going to start a team now, it's probably worth to prepare for how Legion will be.
    Last edited by davidmage : 07-03-2016 at 12:32 PM

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    However I have had a look at the Beta, and this will be so much harder to do in Legion for all classes I've looked at. (5 dps group) And to be honest if your going to start a team now, it's probably worth to prepare for how Legion will be.
    I agree - go on the ptr and see what you think. A lot of classes are not what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    5 DPS

I do heroics with my PvP geared 5 hunter team faster than I do with PvE Pali tank/Disc Priest/Ele Shaman/Mage/Warlock team. Hunters pretty much just run through without stopping.
    I think come Legion a tank/heal/dps setup will be needed to complete dungeon content (without vastly over gearing for them of course)

Most of the dungeons are doable with a little creativity. Though be ready to make lots and lots of adjustments. My advice would be to steer clear of buying crutch gear. If you want to eventually do mythic 5 mans you're better served just learning mechanics and being comfortable with wiping a lot in the process.

I would say I'm a little more optimistic in this regard. I don't think 5 mans are impossible for us. It just takes some creativity. I would also caution against locking yourself into one trick pony classes. Hunters come Legion will have both a range and melee spec so that should be incredibly useful in spots. You may also want to go one full class 5 man team like druids just because of class order halls aka garrison 2.0.

I have a team of 5 boomkins all geared around 710-720 ilevel with legendary rings. I can clear 4/8 mythic dungeons, misc bosses in the others, 7/8 heroics (I'm too lazy to try to beat the first boss in UBRS, lmao) -- I started doing heroics with this team with WAYYYY less gear, if you utilize some flasks, cooldowns, etc., you can get away with it all easily, especially if you get your toons some crafted pieces (weapon/darkmoon trinket/alchemy trinket if you like, was instant-OP for boomkins!).

Feel free to Battletag me if you ever log in: Phrygian#1161