Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Looking for suggestions on F2P games worth boxing

Hello. I have boxed WoW, Rift and a bit of Diablo3 in the past but have been away for quite some time. I was wondering if there are any other games that are multibox friendly, fun to play, and preferably have follow/assist capabilities. I don't want to invest much money, since I don't have as much time to dedicate as I once did, so am going to limit myself to free-to-play (preferably not pay-to-win if I can avoid it).

I was considering trying lotro or swtor, but I wasn't sure if there are people boxing them anymore and/or if there are still problems. Perhaps Rift is still the best free alternative, and if so I would consider going back to that as well.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Tattanka : 03-22-2016 at 10:08 AM

You could almost play WoW for free, you can farm gold to buy tokens but their limit wont let you buy enough to play completely free. Check out the forum here searching for "making gold" and you'll probably find the threads.

Rift would be my choice for a free game, as you thought its probably still the best WoW alternative.

Thanks for the suggestions @JohnGabriel. I suspect the time investment to acquire enough gold would use up most, if not all, of my available play time and wouldn't be worth it. I'm going to have to be a casual player at this stage in my life, so would like to just be able to jump in and play when I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    You could almost play WoW for free, you can farm gold to buy tokens but their limit wont let you buy enough to play completely free. Check out the forum here searching for "making gold" and you'll probably find the threads.
    Slight correction: You can cover your subscriptions completely with tokens, if your WoW accounts are on separate Battle.net accounts. The current cap (unless it was changed) is 36 tokens every 24 months per Battle.net, meaning that you can only support 1.5 accounts per battle.net with tokens alone.

I've been dabbling with other games here and there, but sadly never really found one that felt as "natural" to box as WoW or just had the same appeal. Still looking at upcoming MMOs and signing up for just about every alpha and beta I come across.

so going on the last post.

if you have 8 accounts on 1 battlenet account you cannot fully support all 8 with tokens every month?

is the limit with real cash or from the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by RorshachFromHell View Post
    if you have 8 accounts on 1 battlenet account you cannot fully support all 8 with tokens every month?

is the limit with real cash or from the AH.
    Correct. With 8 accounts under the same B-net, you will hit the token cap after 4 months. Unless there have been stealth changes to the limit that I am not aware of.

As far as I am aware you can buy as many tokens as you'd like to be sold on the AH. However do not quote me on that since I've not exactly looked in to it, having no use for the service. I believe the only limitation to the tokens you buy to be sold is that you can only have some set number of them in your bags at once (10 maybe?)

well that is a bummer.

hopefully that changes.

running 8 accounts would be great if i could make the amount of gold required for each account. Maybe i should try and get my accounts separated into another Battlenet account. if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RorshachFromHell View Post
    well that is a bummer.

hopefully that changes.

running 8 accounts would be great if i could make the amount of gold required for each account. Maybe i should try and get my accounts separated into another Battlenet account. if at all possible.
    I've had 0 problems covering my 10 with just gold, although I'm now token capped. As it's late in to the expansion I would imagine things are a bit tougher, even if the token prices had not doubled from what they were. Perhaps still doable though.

As far as getting your accounts separated: Good luck. We've had some people who have managed to get theirs separated and many many people who have not. From what I've gathered if you only get in contact with a low level customers service rep, you will only get a cookie cutter response stating that they do not separate accounts. However if you manage to escalate your tikcet or come in contact with a senior rep, you might have luck. So basically, be THAT client and you might have a chance.

to be fair even if they separate then Mounts/Toys/noncombat/looms/pets will not go over i had some luck. to be fair its not really worth moving them in the past.

But lately they said the problem is there is group out there doing it to get clone a full set of looms. (if there in the player bags when moved).
    The other thing is then players was using it get a 2nd RAF on there main account.

Looking at the odds is it worth it? all new accounts (might be on sale soon) u get wod free as long as you not upgraded to legion (they will refund that if u got it from blizzard to put on a new account) ((they lock the 100 template char)), you prob going to have to get looms/mounts again anyway so no lost there.
    New Raf so free exata game time free friend summon and x3 xp will get most chars u need leveled in a few hours!

if you not got a lot of mounts/gear etc to show off then its very very worth it to start again.
    Last edited by ebony : 06-15-2016 at 07:07 PM

Nvm;-)
    Last edited by SoulSeekerUSA : 07-05-2016 at 10:23 PM
    Life is like and Ice Cream Cone, you have to enjoy it before it melts;-)