Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Threaded View

Default Mythic+ dungeon comps!

I'm coming back to PvE in WoW for this reason alone. I want to run a 5 man comp for mythic+ dungeons in Legion. I'm expecting some dismal results at first until the curve is figured out. But I'm still debating internally the comp I'm going to use.

These are the possibilities:

Blood ( tank )
    MM * 3 ( DPS )
    RSHM ( healer )

I like this one for the simplicity. Gorefiend grasp is a really nice touch. Swap target to loose add for the grip and taunt is another plus for the DK. The hunter is always the easiest range to control. Seems like always an all-ranged DPS party is going to have it easiest. All MM means a very simple rotation to make and improve upon. The RSHM has a decent array of general healing for the team and riptide will still fill a nice instant heal for the team. We lose earth shield but I think the rotation is going to be far easier to manage now without it. This is always a plus for us multiboxers so I'm not in distress over it.

Blood ( tank )
    MM * 3 ( DPS )
    MW ( healer )

Same as above only difference is the mistweaver. The mistweaver is just more mobile than any other healer and I don't see that changing much in Legion. I'm not totally keen on the healing style though so still up in the air.

Blood ( tank )
    Arms ( DPS )
    MM * 2 ( DPS )
    RSHM ( healer )

This is my old party. The party I did cata heroics with ( pre nerf ) and the end time heroics. The arms warrior was always dicey as he would be the hardest hit by gimmick fights with knockbacks and PBAE spells. Obviously he's my sticking point here. Not as durable as blood and will be there to be hit. May wind up to be more micromanage than worth in mythic+ dungeons.

Prot ( tank )
    MM * 3 ( DPS )
    RSHM ( healer )

A variation of the old party minus the DK. The prot war has some things I think work like commanding shout but TBH I don't see him replacing my DK tank at this point. Less favored comp ATM.

Blood ( tank )
    Destro ( DPS )
    Arcane ( DPS )
    MM ( DPS )
    RSHM ( healer )

This one is new for me. A full array of different classes. I've really wanted to rotate a mage into the party for a long time but the way the specs work doesn't work well with a hard hitting fast mobile comp. Arcane isn't the best choice. I guess frost would be. Still debating this one. Destro is less of a mystery. Healthstones and ports would be a nice addition.

Blood ( tank )
    Arms ( DPS )
    Ele * 2 ( DPS )
    RSHM ( healer )

A safety-first variation but less likely to work well in Legion. I may still opt for elementals but I haven't seen anything in Legion to suggest they'll be as easy to box as hunters are.

That does it for me. What do you think? Will you bother with mythic+ dungeons or do you see them as no-go for us?
    Last edited by MadMilitia : 06-23-2016 at 07:46 PM