Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11
    Blog Entries

Default Something unexpected happened...

So, I got my old (original) wow account back. Which means I'm up 11 100s, bad news they're all Horde on a different server.

Since I've been a little saddened in the general pants region by my current server (Staghelm) I've decided to consolidate down to 5 sets of characters on a new server (Alliance). I play primarily in the daytime (between 8 AM to about 4 PM CST). So, thought I'd post here while I snoop for a new home.

Oh, and guess who got an Alpha invite?
    My Blog: SRS Business

Blog Entries

After some basic maths, I think I'm probably going to stay on Staghelm actually. And just move the Horde characters over. I don't feel like dropping a couple grand on transfers, and really not wanting to start completely over (again).

Every now and then I get a feeling I should transfer or faction change some of my toons. However I just can't justify paying 2 months game time per account worth for the transfer, over simply re-leveling. Seems like a waste with how fast leveling is nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    Seems like a waste with how fast leveling is nowadays.
    What's your secret?! I HATE leveling.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Quote Originally Posted by Xixillia View Post
    What's your secret?! I HATE leveling.
    Oh don't get me wrong. The thought of leveling again is horrid to me as well. But considering it would take me maybe 2-3 weeks, I can't justify spending the money, especially while I am not that busy ingame to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong. The thought of leveling again is horrid to me as well. But considering it would take me maybe 2-3 weeks, I can't justify spending the money, especially while I am not that busy ingame to begin with.

this!

or though everytime i look at moveing server + faction change i just think i might as well pay for a boost and do a new char

Maybe I'm just lucky but I've run into GMs that are willing to give you discounts when buying things in batches. For example for my 5 accounts I only had to buy warlords 3 times and they gave me 2 for free. They also threw in an extra level 100 boost.

If I were ever to server transfer I'd at least ask because that's an absurd amount of money to pay.

Blog Entries

Well, let me just put it this way. If I were to move just the old Alliance guys over to a new server it would be 154 characters.

Then there's the main account, it's only got 11 100s. But they're all decked out in raid gear and achievements, realm firsts, etc. So, I'm keeping them regardless. I've just decided to level teams with RAF on my main account in preparation for Legion, which will give me 15 total accounts I can run if I get the itch to run some raids on my own.

And a WHOLE lot of options besides. Though really, I'm pretty sure I just want to consolidate and focus on five mans, unless I find a partner or two to tag team raids with on Staghelm/Azuremyst (my ideal scenario).

It'll be expensive, but not nearly as expensive as moving all of my Alliance guys. Not by a long shot. And there's all that nostalgia...

And mounts, can't forget all those friggin mounts I've farmed up over the years.

I am one of those weirdos that really enjoys leveling....
    Maybe I should get myself checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by emitchell109 View Post
    I am one of those weirdos that really enjoys leveling....
    Maybe I should get myself checked out.
    Funny thing about that. I enjoyed leveling back when world elites were largely impossible for a solo player, and even with 5 if I got 2 or 3 on me, I'd usually lose a character before they died. As things got nerfed, my enjoyment of the leveling process went down. The goblin starting zone just about broke me of doing any more teams. This last group, I leveled up to 10 or so and then started running instances. Less rep gain but a lot more entertaining for me, even without RAF bonuses. With RAF and heirlooms, I'd have probably have twice the 100s I do now.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)