Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default 5 box composition for first timer

I just took the plunge into multi boxing and registered 5 accounts. On my main account I have a:

100 prot pally
    100 rogue
    100 warlock
    100 hunter

I'm just looking to do some heroic mode dungeons, TW dungeons, and Tanaan. What would be the easiest combo for a first timer to accomplish this? My Warlock has a the legendary ring so I'd like to use it at the least.

Thanks in advance!
    Darcei

I'd recommend Prot Pally Lead, Priest, and 3 hunters.

I'm running 5 BM hunters right now and have cleared all heroics other than UBRS. The only reason I don't recommend that setup is because you can't queue for dungeons and have to run there because of the stupid role check system.

If you are looking for a server to roll on, I'm on Alterac Mountains (US) horde side. You're welcome to come hang out with me and BS.
    Last edited by Franswa : 03-18-2016 at 08:27 PM

I may... What's your battle tag? I'll add you in a bit and chat you up.

Franswa#1524. I'm Euro, so my times might be a little odd, but if you play during mid day US time we'll line up.

Well, since it's going to be a dungeon team, mixed seems like the obvious way to go, although as Franswa was saying earlier, some classes can make due without the traditional trinity setup. However, as far as easily clearing content and dealing with mechanics, I'm guessing we're looking at a traditional 3 DPS + Tank + Healer setup. I would advice against melee DPS to start with.

DPS:

In general, Hunters will out-do just about any other DPS in a PVE multibox setup. They're ranged which is usually easier to work with, and can deal their damage while on the move unlike traditional casters. On top of this they have relatively strong defensives and can provide any buff your group is otherwise missing. As an added bonus Misdirect is very handy for aggro control.

With this said, I am a big fan of variety in my mixed teams and genuinely think a lot of classes are perfectly viable to run. Locks, Mages (namely arcane), Ele Shammies should be fine to run. I've had decent success at making my Affliction Lock and Arcane Mage to an extent where I think the DPS difference is fairly negligible in comparison to the added utility (and more importantly FUN) they add.

Tanks:

I think they're basically all viable, but I would recommend looking at either a Blood DK, Warrior, or Prot Paladin. Monks are a bit more complex to optimize than other classes. My personal preference is Prot Paladin, due to the utility they offer as well as strong defensives (both external and personal) and a fairly easy setup.

Healers:

Again, I feel that this is mainly down to personal preference. Priests are often a good initial choise, but I think Shammies, Pallies and Druids will do just fine as well. I currently love my MW Monk as well, but they consistantly break follow while channeling (and breaking said channeling can mess with your macro work as well) and I can't help but feel they lack some of the "Umph" in their on-call healing, when compared to, for example, Pally Wings or a Shammy's Ascendance.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 03-20-2016 at 07:53 AM

In general, the following comps are what I've found somewhat productive at 100. However, I've found running instances (at 100) over the past several expansions somewhat frustrating and unproductive.

Tank - Pally or DK.

DPS - Hunters (BM or Survival)

Healer - Shammy or Priest

As Franswa notes 5 hunters is an interesting degenerative group (yeah, I wish Blizz would allow a premade 5 to queue without the role check). Another fun group that you can queue with is 3x Hunters and 2x Boomkins (with offspec tank and heals). The Boomkins casting a pair of Rejuvs as needed is handy.