Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Simple Utility Menu Utilizing Click Bars

Hey all!

I know this sort of thing is child's play for a good portion of the user base, but I just wanted to share a quick look at a utility menu system I created for my mixed team. Basically I was just annoyed by switching windows to cast mage portals, soulwells, etc and figured there had to be a better way of doing it without just separate keybinds for each which would just add to the clutter. Do excuse my stumbling english, but secondary languages and all that jazz.

I had no previous experience working with ISBoxer's macro or Click Bar funtionalities, so creating this served as a wonderful introduction to both of them. I'm assuming there are other, some even better ways of doing this, but it's functional so it's good enough for me.

Also: I do realize that I've left keybinds for the mapped keys for my portals. They're not required naturally, but I've simply forgotten to remove them and as they are binds I would never use anyways, they've not really been in the way.

Any feedback and improvement ideas are naturally welcome.

! like it!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Well done. Thank you for the video contribution!

i am sure quite a few will find this helpful.

Good stuff. The only change I'd suggest making would be to not hard-code the macro action to a specific Slot since you may change it in the future, but rather to an ATG which contains the Mage(s). Then you can use a target like Mages%1 (assuming the ATG is named Mages) which will send the macro to the first Mage of the ATG, and continue to wrap around the list of members in case some are not currently part of your Character Set. I'm very rusty with advanced targets, so someone may need to step in and correct that.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Good stuff. The only change I'd suggest making would be to not hard-code the macro action to a specific Slot since you may change it in the future, but rather to an ATG which contains the Mage(s). Then you can use a target like Mages%1 (assuming the ATG is named Mages) which will send the macro to the first Mage of the ATG, and continue to wrap around the list of members in case some are not currently part of your Character Set. I'm very rusty with advanced targets, so someone may need to step in and correct that.
    Ah sweet. The only reason I did make it slot specific was that I thought I'd just end up casting multiple instances of portals and whatnot if I made it ATG specific, without making specific groups for just the one I wish to cast it. Cheers for the suggestion. ^^

MiRai had the target right, It will sort all the current windows (order will be as they were opened) and send to the first mage. I use it from my tank. The @ just means to sort the list.
    @(Mage)#1

So is using click bars better than using menus? Or just two different ways to do the same thing?
    Last edited by JohnGabriel : 12-22-2015 at 03:06 AM Reason: Misspelled MiRai's name oops