Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default [WoW] Starting back again after 2 years

Hello,

I know there are many topics regarding this but wanted to have some specific informations before I go back to multiboxing. Back when I played WoW I had a mixed group going. It started around mid ICC, and I ran a mixed group of Port Pld, Dest Warlock, Arcane Mage, Ele Shaman, Holy/Disc Priest. This group composition continued till probably early cataclysm. I also tried few other compositions like classic Prot War, 4x Ele shaman (one resto from time to time) till 60 (yes 60), changing warlock for duo Arcane mage and so on.

My goal was pretty simple. To be able to farm gear, then badges and maybe farm old raid dungeons. (managed to finish SSC and TK back in the day which I was pretty proud of, never went any further though).

I have stopped multiboxing when dungeons on late cataclysm became really hard to do dailies due to increased mechanism like interact with object while constantly being under fire (I think it was Halls of origin? the pyramid one, first boss was some kind of sphyncs who you had to simultaneously hit two switches to deactivate his song). I returned to MoP with a single account, and left WoW around Throne of Thunder (or I think thats what it was called). Just way too many dailies to deal with.

Now after 2 years, and well WoD being pretty cheap to buy wanted to return to WoW for a bit. I wanted to return to multiboxing because I simply can't tolerate other players on a LFG dungeon. And after 2 year gap, I thought that I could start from scratch (with heirlooms ofc).

Sorry this is getting long but I wanted to explain the situation I am in, the experiences I have got and the goal I want to achieve in WoW, don't know for how long. A month, maybe two. For my very first team I wanted to make them as efficient as possible, mostly dungeon crawling because thats what I enjoy most. I will do some questing too. I still prefer some sort of holy trinity style so I have thought a composition of

Prot War (Always played as Pld on multiboxing, but I started WoW as a Prot War back in Vanilla so I do know the basics)
    Hunter x 3 (Marksman from what I have read seems to be the highest on dps, I played one solo till 85 in the past)
    Disc Priest (I have never managed to play a druid over 60 as resto. But seems priest is still the easiest to start with)

Questions are:

1. Will this party able to do every if not most of the dungeons from Deadmines (or whatever the lowest is) till level 100 dungeons? At least to get my tank, 1 hunter (or all), and healer decked so they can be reused (somehow) in the future groups I will be making?

2. Will this composition able to farm whatever the heroic dungeons are giving now? It was valor back in my days but now they are gone, and don't know what replaced them.

3. (sorry this is probably not the right question to ask) for leveling would you recommend questing or spam dungeons like I did back in wotlk till 90? I do know from 90-100 I would like to do questing since WoD is a totaly new thing for me.

4. (editted again sorry) I placed 3 hunters since from what I read they are the most mobile class as dps. Although truth to be told I would like to play a more mixed type composition. (like my old trinity build of Tank, Mage, Warlock (or druid), Hunter (or shaman), and healer. The dps difference that big (even during leveling) compared to the 3 hunter composition?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Enoah35 : 12-04-2015 at 05:19 PM

With three hunters you will have the highest DPS, and with different pets you'll have plenty of buffs as well.

The Disc priest, another good choice while boxing. You wont have any problems.

The only unknown to me is the Warrior tank, which I haven't played in a couple expansions. I do not think they have any issues though, nobody around here complains about their warrior tank.

You will have an extremely easy time doing end game dungeons if you are starting now. High iLevel Gear is easy to get now and you will outgear most encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    You will have an extremely easy time doing end game dungeons if you are starting now. High iLevel Gear is easy to get now and you will outgear most encounters.
    /agree completely. With the Tanaan Jungle stuff, you can get a piece of 695 gear every few days, possibly faster if you camp apexis crystals.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Thanks for the replies. I will start off with 3 hunter DPS, then maybe start with new composition once I am comfortable boxing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    /agree completely. With the Tanaan Jungle stuff, you can get a piece of 695 gear every few days, possibly faster if you camp apexis crystals.
    I have 1.5 million apexis crystals saved up, 300k+ on each slave, and then I just stopped. If you get the Rumble in the Jungle weekly, and it happens to be the apexis crystal weekly event at the same time, then you will get around 25K in one day doing the rares and dailies.