Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 46

Default New pc to 10 box but still not good enough?? :O

Hi!

Just bought myself some new hardware for 10 boxing but still lagging in alterac valley when on a boss fight ...

Setup
    32g ram (3ghz)
    GTX980 Titanium
    I7 5820K (6core) with watercooling
    asus x99-pro motherboard
    SSD 512GB

Is there anyone who can tell me why this isnt enough? :O

greetingz!
    tank
    Multiboxing 10 accounts!
    Outland-Europe
    2 mistweaver monks - 8 Elemental shamans

Your PC is a beast and I'd think could easily handle the load. What's your CPU/Memory usage when all 10 are loaded up? If it isn't maxed out then it has to be your internet connection bottlenecking.

Have you tried lowering your slaves graphics or anything? What have all you tried?

what I did was lowering all video settings ..
    I sometimes, sometimes get a peak on the cpu .. but rarely.
    I'm currently using Wi-Fi , which might not be the best option xD!
    forgot to mention that in OP.

THX alot jinkobi for your reply!
    Multiboxing 10 accounts!
    Outland-Europe

left tast manager open now and in bossfight the CPU goes to 90 % sometimes 100 :/
    Multiboxing 10 accounts!
    Outland-Europe

WiFi? Even AC is going to introduce odd network latency artifacts. Just no. Friends don't let friends multibox over wifi.

Also, define "laggy." Like, controls stuttering or just low FPS or lag-spikes?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

The only thing you can do to drop your CPU usage is to either turn down your video settings (resolution included), or your FPS, but you can only drop those so far before you don't really see any gains. Also, if you're streaming while multiboxing, then some of your CPU usage is going directly to encoding the stream.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    WiFi? Even AC is going to introduce odd network latency artifacts. Just no. Friends don't let friends multibox over wifi.

Also, define "laggy." Like, controls stuttering or just low FPS or lag-spikes?
    Low FPS is the one ... so toons get out of control, and are not responding to anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    The only thing you can do to drop your CPU usage is to either turn down your video settings (resolution included), or your FPS, but you can only drop those so far before you don't really see any gains. Also, if you're streaming while multiboxing, then some of your CPU usage is going directly to encoding the stream.
    I already thought that streaming might cause Issues so I didn't do that anymore.
    Video settings are already low on all the slaves , how can I configure lower resolution pretty please? or is this in game?

greetingz! and thx for the responds!
    Multiboxing 10 accounts!
    Outland-Europe

Quote Originally Posted by tanknspanker View Post
    Hi!

Just bought myself some new hardware for 10 boxing but still lagging in alterac valley when on a boss fight ...

Setup
    32g ram (3ghz)
    GTX980 Titanium
    I7 5820K (6core) with watercooling
    asus x99-pro motherboard
    SSD 512GB

Is there anyone who can tell me why this isnt enough? :O

greetingz!
    tank
    I don't have anything to add as to why, just know it should not be that way. Your system is very similar to mine, and mine does great 10-boxing (first thing I tried). I have 32 GB RAM, i7 4790K, GTX980.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I don't have anything to add as to why, just know it should not be that way. Your system is very similar to mine, and mine does great 10-boxing (first thing I tried). I have 32 GB RAM, i7 4790K, GTX980.
    perhaps its my 6core who only has 3.3 ghz and your I7 has 4ghz :-/

How should I setup the cpu strategy in isboxer?
    round robin, game decides, all for all?
    Multiboxing 10 accounts!
    Outland-Europe

For most games you are best to use All cores for all games. This leaves it up to Windows to decide who needs what, and there is a good 30 years (real years, not this man year tripe) of design gone into the Windows scheduler, so any decision it makes about CPU time slice allocation is going to be better than anything you can come up with (you have to remember it also has a shitload more information available to it during execution, rather than some fixed decision you make up front). Anything you choose will always end up being limiting. On the very odd occasion a game might require you to limit the available cores, but this usually only applies to older games. The only reason I could think of for you to limit it these days would be if you were to allocate specific cores for stream encoding, and remove those from the games usage. In that case, then all the remaining cores should be allocated to all the games.

Other than that, others have already posted a few of these.
    Don't use Wifi. Streaming will take a bunch of your bandwidth already, let alone the games. If you are using any kind of QOS, then chances are your games are suffering as video tends to take precedence.
    Make sure you are using High Power settings in your power profile.
    Don't set CPU affinity unless the above streaming setup applies (even then it is probably a bad idea).
    Don't run all the games on high quality. Set the background ones to lower quality, disable buffering, and set background FPS lower.
    Run some monitoring to see what is actually eating the CPU. Saying it goes to 100% is next to useless. Its a bit like saying my garage is full because there is stuff in it, so my car wont fit. If that stuff happens to be empty boxes, then I could easily remove them, or squash them flat. You on the other hand need to know WHAT is eating your CPU, in order to determine whether it is games/streaming/or something else that can be disabled/removed. I.e. you need to know where to focus, and knowing what software is using what resources helps you with that.