Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Threaded View

Default Most efficient Death Breath + mats farming combo?

Been trying different setups to get more mats and DBs per hour. Some specs "may" seem like the best since they work solo, but multiboxing is a different beast. Also, speed is not everything since most of the time they are not that consistent cause they don't take in consideration that u will focus on killing elites, stop to loot every time and also, u will face goblins which can boost by a LOT your DBs and mats per hour.

In my experience Sage's set is MUST. U can do fast T7 runs, but still will fall behind a spec that uses Sage's set. U can do T10, but again consistency is a problem since u will stop to loot just 1 DB and not 2+ like with Sage, not to mention Goblins ARE a big problem once u go T8+. Even with high DPS, a goblin pack won't be easy/fast to kill and once they run all over the place, looting will take FOREVER.

So? what combo to use in order to:

• Get a high amount of DBs, mats and keys per hour
    • Kill all goblin packs
    • Get consistent results (less than 5 mins per rift, 25+ DBs per rift)

My first choice was Barbs. They can rush thru content, destroy T10 and get more loot. WRONG. Yes they move and kill fast, but they kinda suck on single target, u get screwed with waller and the visual lag from a lot of tornados + battle rage explosions make it hard to control in close spaces. I have a very decent computer, but still, my fps drop on certain maps and if u get close corridors, doors and shit, u end up dsyncing. Also some elites can move around and be a pain, not to mention u will NEVER kill a goblin pack in the same place. They will run ALL OVER the place :/ On top of that, if u wanna use Sage set, u need to go with IK set which is pretty bad when u multibox cause of the Fury issues.

Monks? Good damage, can use Sage with a generator build but they completely lack AoE. Gob packs are also a nighmare. WDs? Good AoE but 6 piece sets only, so that means no Sage. DHs? Good AoE but again, only 6 piece sets, no Sage. Crusaders? No AoE, 6 piece sets, lackluster damage, etc?

So Wizards?. Tal's has decent damage for T7-10, it's a 7 piece set that can use Belt and Amulet slots, so there's plenty of room for Sage and even other sets. They have good AoE and even CC. The main problem was mobility and survivability on T9+. So I added a support Barb and the result was just what I was looking for. This is the spec I'm running right now:

http://www.d3planner.com/692520615
    http://www.d3planner.com/304292450

3 Wizards + 1 support Barb. The Barb provides perma Immunity (bye bye knockback, slow, frozen, etc.) and movement speed. Illusory boots on all party members so I can rush thru the map and only stop to kill Elites and Goblins. Sure, Wand of Woh is not the most common item in the game, but u can always get it from the Cube or just use any Ancient Weapon with Woh cubed. Doing T9 with just 1 Ancient Woh + Furnace (the others have random weapons with Woh cubed) and elites die in like 2 secs without a chance to run or even attack. The build has enough CC to kill everything fast before they can do anything. Black Hole + Blizzard Frozen Solid locks everything in place and the meteors do the rest. Explosive Blast is just free DPS that takes care of trash while u move around.

Numbers are pretty consistent cause u dont have dsync issues caused by FPS lag, or run into problems with certain elites that knock u back, or those stupid spiders that slow u over and over, etc. Every Elite kill is 2+ DBs and they never represent a threat so your farming speed is not affected.

If anyone has a better combo to farm DBs and mats, I would love to hear about.
    Last edited by Devile : 11-11-2015 at 06:09 PM