Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default How do you handle DoT spells?

I'm using ISBoxer timers for DoTs. This is great for single targets but not for multiple targets.

What is a better way to handle DoTs for multiple targets?

I usually just have a separate key for applying debuffs/dots or use castsequence macros... Something along the lines of:

/castsequence reset=shift/target *dotspell*, null
    /cast *spell #2*

Casts dot, then defaults to *spell #2*, reset either by aquiring a new target or with shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    I usually just have a separate key for applying debuffs/dots or use castsequence macros... Something along the lines of:

/castsequence reset=shift/target *dotspell*, null
    /cast *spell #2*

Casts dot, then defaults to *spell #2*, reset either by aquiring a new target or with shift.
    Thanks. That is fine if you are using the macro on your main and manually keeping track of when to refresh the DoTs. I'm looking for a solution that refreshes the DoTs automatically at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by sync00 View Post
    Thanks. That is fine if you are using the macro on your main and manually keeping track of when to refresh the DoTs. I'm looking for a solution that refreshes the DoTs automatically at the right time.
    I'm afraid that doesn't exist, you are gonna have to manually keep track of the dots, unless you hardcode them into a castsequence macro. Also be aware that dots have changed in WoD, if you reapply them below 30% of their duration, the full length is added e.g. you have a 10s dot up on the target, if you re-apply the dot when their are 3 or less seconds left the new dot will last for 13s on the target. This basically requires way less micromanagement.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

As Zenga says, there's no way to automagically do what you're trying to do. Macros can help with that for single targets (and absolutely should be used with reset=target/9 (tune to taste)) and ISBoxer's reset-to-step-1-after-blah helps with mixing and matching things for boss rotations, but what you're after? Nah.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    you are gonna have to manually keep track of the dots, unless you hardcode them into a castsequence macro.
    I figured it would probably require a castsequence macro but just wanted to check if there was something else I didn't know about.
    Last edited by sync00 : 10-06-2015 at 11:58 AM