Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Monitors

Blog Entries

Yeah, I've kinda reached the point where I've realized if I'm dealing with a $600+ monitor I'm not putting a $50 arm on it. I've got a couple I've got my eyes on, I want to stick with the same panel mainly so it will all match up (including the mounting hardware). The VESA mounting is DEFINITELY large, I'll have to look again I know I've got that written down somewhere.
    My Blog: SRS Business

I use a Philips BDM4065UC, which is very similar (seems to vary between $650US and $950US), although comes with a USB3 Hub in the back. Only 2 full sized HDMI ports though, also only 8.5kg. There might be other differences on the versions on the ports too. I use the DP 1.2 connection, which does 60Hz.

I also use a pole mount Pulse Oximeter double arm ($70US on ebay, although I paid £38), which manages to hold it up. It is a fixed height, but then I don't need to adjust the height myself. It does depend on whether you want height adjustment. Finding one to take 10kg+ tends to be more expensive as MiRai said. I evaluated how often I actually adjusted my height adjustable monitors, and found the answer was once; when I put it on my desk.
    I made my own pole setup as I have 3 of these arms (I had 3 monitors, now I'm down to 2). I did need a VESA mounting plate too but this was £5.

Blog Entries

That's a good point, I was actually thinking that once I have my monitors I might just pick up mounting brackets and weld together a fixed armature for them.

Blog Entries

Here's a good 28 inch 4k screen for those looking for something that doesn't eat as much desk space (also half the price of the 40 inch screens).

Two of these would probably serve the needs of a LOT of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7b2o2VJItQ

Quote Originally Posted by Hor View Post
    Here's a good 28 inch 4k screen for those looking for something that doesn't eat as much desk space (also half the price of the 40 inch screens).

Two of these would probably serve the needs of a LOT of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7b2o2VJItQ
    Interesting, though I guess my eyes aren't good enough to notice the difference between a 1440p and a 2160p monitor under ~32" for most things. That said, it's amazing how affordable good/large displays are these days.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)