Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    The only reason i think it would be easier is because atm, since i havent purchased the game i don't know exactly how the UI looks like, and do not want to accidentally link the last account to the wrong one, so if i had different emails for each i could just invite them sequentially and differentiate them by name.
    I see what you're getting at, and that would indeed make it easier to differentiate between them. It may provide you with considerable drawbacks however, depending on where your priorities are:

As I posted in this thread, there are currently limitations in place in regard to the WoW Token, where you are only able to buy up to 36 months of game time with gold every 24 months. If it's important to you to be able to save on (or even eliminate) the subscription cost by purchasing game time with in-game currency, then splitting them up over more than one Battle.net account is certainly advantageous.

However, the drawback to this is that a number of things that are Battle.net account-wide, will obviously not be shared between the WoW accounts that reside on different Battle.net accounts. These things include collections such as heirlooms, mounts, toys and battlepets, but also achievements and the ability to mail certain items such as reputation tokens between accounts.

There's no wrong choice there, it just depends on what's important to you. I do think these are the main issues though, I personally wouldn't distribute them over multiple Battle.net accounts if the only reason was to make that one-time setup easier.

Each new WoW account you add to a Battle.net account will be named "WoW' with a sequential number added behind it. You can make a little list for yourself on paper to help avoid confusion, and check off the links once you've made them. For example:

• Account A: WoW1 - Send invite to B
    • Account B: WoW2 - Send invite to C
    • Account C: WoW3 - Send invite to D
    • Account D: WoW4 - Send invite to E
    • Account E: WoW5 - Send invite to A

The invitations are sent by logging into the game with the veteran account for each link and clicking on a little "handshake" icon as you can see in this official screenshot, and then entering the e-mail address of the target Battle.net account you want to link it to. To help you differentiate between the different e-mails (if you do decide to put them all on a single Battle.net account), you can add a message to yourself in that window you see in the screenshot, e.g. "Sent from A (WoW2) to link to B (WoW3)". That shows up in the invitation e-mail that contains the link.

Unfortunately I've been unable to locate a screenshot of the Account Management pages on the receiving side for you. As I mentioned earlier, what you see there after logging in through the link from the invitation e-mail, is a list of the eligible WoW accounts on your Battle.net account, along with the option to create a new one. So you'll actually see those same names listed, WoW1, WoW2, etc., so you can cross-reference them with the list you made yourself to avoid mistakes.

As long as you take care of one link at a time, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    Anyone know the cheapest place to get WoW and WoD, as i understand it, the previous expansions have all been condensed into the standard WoW pack? (Love that, even though i hate paying for expansions...shame EVE hates multiboxing)
    I don't have any recommendations for the lowest prices, but everything except the last expansion have indeed been rolled into one. So a basic WoW account now contains the original game, The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. Next week a new expansion will be announced at Gamescom, and there's no information available yet on whether that means upon its release Warlords of Dreanor will also be rolled into the original game as well. Time will tell.

Depending on how you want to level and what you want to do in-game, you can also postpone your purchases of the Warlords of Dreanor expansion and focus on getting a number of teams to level 90 first while your Recruit-A-Friend links are active. Though that will of course have consequences for how fast you'll be able to earn gold for affording WoW Tokens (if that's of importance to you), and getting WoD right away does mean you get five character boosts to level 90 to start you off.

Choices, choices.
    Last edited by MultiBear : 08-02-2015 at 07:44 AM