Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default RAF and leveling advice

I was hoping that some of the more experienced people out there could give me some advice. What do I want to accomplish: I wish to level as many characters on my main account quickly. On this account, I have a 100 warrior, but would like to get a few more characters up to have access to more tradeskills and the garrison gold machine.

What I started out doing last week was to setup a second account on the RAF system and using ISBoxer dual boxing them. The 300% experience is just to hard to pass up. So, in order to accomplish my goal of the most characters leveled on my main account, would it be best to:

1) Do dungeons on these two accounts using the dungeon finder with successive pairs of characters? Downside to this is I have to deal with others in the dungeon finder.

2) Quest with these two accounts with successive pairs of characters?

3) Start a third account and boosting with my current 100 warrior? I don't particularly want to go over three accounts and based on early experiences with dualboxing and dungeon finder it might be nice to avoid others... How would it be best to set this up with the goal of levels on my main account? Main account A (with 100 warrior) has RAFed account B. Should account B RAF C? With this setup, would A benefit from C's levels at all? I don't think that A should invite C, or? Then no one would get the 300% bonus since A>B and A>C is broken by A having too high level of a toon in the group, correct?

If 1) would be best, I know that one of the classes should be tank for instant queues, but what would the best choice for ease of leveling as Tank/DPS? Two of the same class, ie, Monk/Monk or Monk/Melee dps or Monk/specific dps class or type? I don't know that I want the stress of being the tank and healer.

Thanks!

One thing you could do is roundabout. Make 2 linked accounts one linked to your main one linked to that one (all in your main bnet for heirloom tab access etc)

PL pairs on Act 2 and Act 3 to 90

Main Account <> Link Act 2 <> Link Act 3

In the past unless they've changed it, you can
    1. make a couple pairs of 90s (make a mage or some class on acct 3 that can PL easily (monk, mage, anything with ae and fast movement)

after you have a 90 on act 3

you can of course bypass this if you buy WoD on 3 and get a boosted 90 but i doubt you want to do that

Use character 3 to boost chars on your main and act 2 using granted levels judiciously

Be aware that the grantable levels on acct 3 generate levels that can be granted from act 2 to your main or at least it did in the past.

Using DF absolutely will not be faster than boosting though if you have a tank heal you will probably get near instant queues but you can't clear those dungeons in like 3-5 minutes like a 90 to 100 can.

How high would a level 90 mage be able to boost the other two too without slowing significantly? 85ish?

Thanks!