Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Default Elemental shaman and DPS?

I've been running the same (4man) team as my main for years:

-Paladin Tank
    -Two elemental shamans
    -Arcane Mage

Lately I've been really unhappy with the elemental shaman DPS. Lazy me has been using the GS lazymacros from the lazymacro.com, but those do not seem to work too well.

I'm losing a lot of DPS compared for example the mage.

I wonder is there better way to get elemental shamans working better on current world, or should I just swap shammys to other classes? (I've got max level druid, 2 more mages, warlock, paladin) and I'm leveling priest, warrior, hunter rogue...)

With my shaman, I'm getting 14.5k DPS against the garrison dummy, he is i662. (only buffed with lightning shield, no heroism, 2 minute DPS)

Thoughts?

--franco

The ele shaman on my team does not do the best DPS either. On my team its destruction warlock>frost mage>ele shaman

If you switch to priority based you will get alot more DPS, a single macro from wowlazymacros isn't going to max out your dps, except maybe for mages.

In any case, its smart you are leveling all the classes because by next patch it could all change and a new class will have the best DPS.

I used this macro on mine a while back and it did okay.. no gs though:

http://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topi...l-max-dps-pve/

the two lines under unleash flame I removed as I like to manage some stuff myself... and I managed searing totem myself also.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 07-08-2015 at 02:05 PM

I highly recommend to watch Mirais last videos about the pro system, if you wanna max out your dps/healing in pve and are using IS Boxer.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...m-Video-Series

I have a shaman too and she is doing fine with her gear.

Another site, which i use to compare my dps and for building my macros/prio system, is http://www.noxxic.com/
    Just choose your itemlvl and compare

you got no hunter in your group that's where your going wrong

but no really i don't mind loseing a bit of dps as they can offfer a lot of exata tools heals and stuff you would not get with say a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    you got no hunter in your group that's where your going wrong

but no really i don't mind loseing a bit of dps as they can offfer a lot of exata tools heals and stuff you would not get with say a warlock.
    I like the utility of shamans, I just don't need two of them for the utility also losing 64% of dps compared to mage is quite a bit especially on two toons.

Maybe you are right and I need to finish leveling the hunter and swap it in...

I'm using the pro system for everything else but the rotations. I love the fact that I can play from any character

I guess it's time to learn the isboxer rotations and see how to built up the priority rotation. From rotation point of view elemental shamans seem to be a bit complex with the ascendance cool down, searing totem and flame and earth shocks, but I guess if I split it to 3 key rotation is should work.

I'm sure Ebony was being a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I agree!
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    On my team its destruction warlock>frost mage>ele shaman
    How do they compare on a percentage basis? My mages are only doing about 50% of the damage of my hunters with a similar ilevel.

Ive got BM hunters and they blow the my arcane mages out if the water with DPS.

Both are around 680 ilvl. I gave up playing ele shaman last Xpac because they seemed gimped then.

I've watched the series of 5 videos by MiRai about the Pro system, but I still have no idea how to setup a priority rotation in ISBoxer.
    Can someone point me to a tutorial?

I also run a Prot Pally, Arc Mage, 3 Ele Shamans