Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Is Gnome Sequencer useful if I have ISBoxer?

Does Gnome Sequencer provide any functionality that ISBoxer doesn't have?

Nope.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I use GS to work out macros and then put them into Isboxer. Some of the step macro work in GS is sort of hard to work in Isboxer and GS is unable to do the work Isboxer does with timed advance throttle, reset to step, etc.

Your macros can of course be /click isboxer_macro_name for gs and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by HPAVC View Post
    timed advance throttle
    What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by sync00 View Post
    What is that?
    In ISBoxer, it is listed as "Do not advanced to the next step for [X.XX] seconds."

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    In ISBoxer, it is listed as "Do not advanced to the next step for [X.XX] seconds."
    I haven't found much use for that yet.

I guess my question about the usefulness of GS for ISBoxer users depends a lot on how well you can put ISB to use. I've learned quite a bit about ISB but it stills seems like I've just scratched the surface of what it can do.

I use GS with ib though.

Quote Originally Posted by sync00 View Post
    I haven't found much use for that yet.

I guess my question about the usefulness of GS for ISBoxer users depends a lot on how well you can put ISB to use. I've learned quite a bit about ISB but it stills seems like I've just scratched the surface of what it can do.
    It lets you set up multiple multi-step macros and decide how long you want one 'set' to fire. It's useful for, say, having one macro that builds up focus/rage/whatever and then another one that dumps. You usually know about how long it takes to build up and then spend points, so you can weight things such that it isn't as good as the old conditional macros were before Blizzard removed that feature but it's about as good as it gets without playing each character individually. Some classes are pretty close to solo play and some are worse; the more random the point generation, the less efficient any pre-programmed setup is going to be.

It lets you set up multiple multi-step macros and decide how long you want one 'set' to fire. It's useful for, say, having one macro that builds up focus/rage/whatever and then another one that dumps. You usually know about how long it takes to build up and then spend points, so you can weight things such that it isn't as good as the old conditional macros were before Blizzard removed that feature but it's about as good as it gets without playing each character individually. Some classes are pretty close to solo play and some are worse; the more random the point generation, the less efficient any pre-programmed setup is going to be.
    I use it for my interrupt key. I am able to spam the key and it wont switch to the next toon for 1 sec. Prevents alot of wasted interrupts.

It's useful for, say, having one macro that builds up focus/rage/whatever and then another one that dumps.
    Yeah, that would be useful.