Close
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 110 of 380

Thread: Grinder

Still chugging along with incursions? Resubbed my accounts primarily to feed my main that I recently resubbed. Still hovering at 9-11 minutes/site, need to warpspeed rig my battleships.

Quote Originally Posted by gomeler View Post
    Still chugging along with incursions? Resubbed my accounts primarily to feed my main that I recently resubbed. Still hovering at 9-11 minutes/site, need to warpspeed rig my battleships.
    When I'm focusing I have OTAs down to around 7 minutes tick to tick.

NMCs are down to around 7 minutes 20 seconds tick to tick.

NCOs are around 8 minutes 30 seconds tick to tick.

Usually though I'm just taking it easy so I bottom out at 7 ticks an hour (850m an hour).

If I get a nice row of OTAs with maybe a NMC I can break 1b an hour again.

EDIT : I've uploaded 2 videos to my youtube account with the new setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRUadqvuNh4

My current setup is limited by the garde's 4 second cycle time. I basically one shot a frigate every 4 seconds. I can't figure out a way to get them to split dps. In the latest OTA video you can see me try to split it a bit on the tama/auga and fail massively. There were other control failures which added seconds which then become minutes which then ruin isk per hour. I posted that one to show how despite being stupid I still can do a 7 minute OTA tick.

Deltoles can take as long as 40 seconds to die. This is one spot where the extra dps off the turrets and the nestors really helped me. My dps is pretty awful compared to a real fleet and this is where it's clear. It's what I get for running a dirt cheap setup.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 06-09-2015 at 05:36 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    My current setup is limited by the garde's 4 second cycle time. I basically one shot a frigate every 4 seconds. I can't figure out a way to get them to split dps.
    Only way I managed to split my DPS when I was using sentrysnakes was to add another loki
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

When I'm focusing I have OTAs down to around 7 minutes tick to tick.

NMCs are down to around 7 minutes 20 seconds tick to tick.

NCOs are around 8 minutes 30 seconds tick to tick.

Usually though I'm just taking it easy so I bottom out at 7 ticks an hour (850m an hour).

If I get a nice row of OTAs with maybe a NMC I can break 1b an hour again.

EDIT : I've uploaded 2 videos to my youtube account with the new setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRUadqvuNh4

My current setup is limited by the garde's 4 second cycle time. I basically one shot a frigate every 4 seconds. I can't figure out a way to get them to split dps. In the latest OTA video you can see me try to split it a bit on the tama/auga and fail massively. There were other control failures which added seconds which then become minutes which then ruin isk per hour. I posted that one to show how despite being stupid I still can do a 7 minute OTA tick.

Deltoles can take as long as 40 seconds to die. This is one spot where the extra dps off the turrets and the nestors really helped me. My dps is pretty awful compared to a real fleet and this is where it's clear. It's what I get for running a dirt cheap setup.

I presume these times are in 0 influence? Have you ever run at 100% influence? If not, can these fits take the massive resist issues?

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Only way I managed to split my DPS when I was using sentrysnakes was to add another loki
    I was able to get a quasi DPS split by using geckos but I couldn't get it to consistently work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsalt View Post
    I presume these times are in 0 influence? Have you ever run at 100% influence? If not, can these fits take the massive resist issues?
    Influence doesn't really feel different from 0-20% and the times are similar.

In the early days of my nightmare fleet I did run several VGs while influence was around 100% (it goes down pretty quick even solo). Part of the reason why I ran two nestors then was because it allowed me to run at any influence. CCP has since nerfed the t2 plate so even my old nms have less EHP now. When I finished optimizing my NM setup influence became almost completely irrelevant because even at 100% influence I was removing 4 frigates a cycle.

The early nightmares had about 121k EHP with 76/69/73/71 resists (242m signature).

My current domis have 100k EHP with 76/75/68/56 resists (346m signature).

The current domis have been run in 50% influence without changing the fit. First waves are the only serious problem as it takes time to get drones deployed and assigned. Time that the NPCs are using to shoot me. AFter the first wave everything goes much smoother. Funny thing is NCOs generally feel the hardest under influence.

For higher influence I'd modify the fits on the domis as the loki and nestors are over tanked in comparison. The fourth drone damage amplifier adds about 45 dps so I can replace it with a tank module without gimping my dps. The loki is taking so little damage I'm not even sure if I'd change the fit at 100% influence.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 06-09-2015 at 04:41 PM

I was able to get a quasi DPS split by using geckos but I couldn't get it to consistently work.

Influence doesn't really feel different from 0-20% and the times are similar.

In the early days of my nightmare fleet I did run several VGs while influence was around 100% (it goes down pretty quick even solo). Part of the reason why I ran two nestors then was because it allowed me to run at any influence. CCP has since nerfed the t2 plate so even my old nms have less EHP now. When I finished optimizing my NM setup influence became almost completely irrelevant because even at 100% influence I was removing 4 frigates a cycle.

The early nightmares had about 121k EHP with 76/69/73/71 resists (242m signature).

My current domis have 100k EHP with 76/75/68/56 resists (346m signature).

The current domis have been run in 50% influence without changing the fit. First waves are the only serious problem as it takes time to get drones deployed and assigned. Time that the NPCs are using to shoot me. AFter the first wave everything goes much smoother. Funny thing is NCOs generally feel the hardest under influence.

For higher influence I'd modify the fits on the domis as the loki and nestors are over tanked in comparison. The fourth drone damage amplifier adds about 45 dps so I can replace it with a tank module without gimping my dps. The loki is taking so little damage I'm not even sure if I'd change the fit at 100% influence.
    Just for thoroughness' sake, has anyone tried a mix of domis and mares? Even though you wont insta volley everything via window switching, I imagine the tracking on the mares is still good enough that they would be an improvement in concert with the domi swarm. Obviously, it wont stack up to what we used to do with all nightmares, but I imagine it should still be very respectable and not have as many issues with target swapping as the sentries do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsalt View Post
    Just for thoroughness' sake, has anyone tried a mix of domis and mares? Even though you wont insta volley everything via window switching, I imagine the tracking on the mares is still good enough that they would be an improvement in concert with the domi swarm. Obviously, it wont stack up to what we used to do with all nightmares, but I imagine it should still be very respectable and not have as many issues with target swapping as the sentries do.
    While back I went to fresh incursion spawn that also happened to be where my nightmare fleet was. I switched out a couple domis for the nightmares. Tachs had serious issues hitting with 3 tc 1 web and 1 TP. Pulse lasers on the other hand had much higher tracking even with scorch. Unfortunately some group prematurely closed that incursion before I was able to get much testing in.

Since the nerf renyns sometimes survive the first volley with 7 domis. So I'm going to have to do more testing to make sure that 5 domis can still properly one shot most frigates.

Current setup with 7 domis in 0% influence peaks between 2500-3100 dps in eve combat analyzer.

nice work as usual ToS

Anyone experimented with large projectiles yet?
    Skilling my toons for them now and am curious to know if they will be able to track frigs orbitting at range with 2 webs and 1 TC

EFT says yes....but ehhh

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    nice work as usual ToS

Skilling my toons for them now and am curious to know if they will be able to track frigs orbitting at range with 2 webs and 1 TC

EFT says yes....but ehhh
    At one point i was considering a mach fleet with t2 acs, but that chews through a scary amount of ammunition even if it does hit things rather well. However when I tried it for a bit (this was before the boxing bans came out) it worked amazingly well to the point where i was considering running a bunch of overtanked machs to make HQs less of a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    EFT says yes....but ehhh
    With 800s? Sure.

The problem comes from ammo consumption.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".