Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default World of Warcraft : Dual-boxing with HotkeyNet

First of all had to make a new account haven't been round a while a forgot my old one!

I was testing HotkeyNet on Windows 10, and it still seems to work fine. Decided to keep my script simple because it's just for a RAF extravaganza while WoW is still on offer!

Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/6FBt8Y7S9a4

Great tutorial video, thanks for sharing! Looking forward to catching your streams too.

Not sure if this is too technical of a question, but I was wondering if it's against ToS to send more than 1 key in a hotkey? I'm just trying to make sure I don't do something silly in HotkeyNet that may issue a ban.

I briefly looked at this ISBoxer video to get a basic understanding of it. MiRai goes over ways to do your rotation.
    He sends the following keys at the same time: 2, 3, Shift + 3. I was thinking if players are allowed to do that in ISBoxer... we could do the same thing in HotkeyNet?

In HotkeyNet it would look something like this:

<Hotkey 1>
    <SendLabel w1, w2, w3, w4, w5>
    <Key 2>
    <Key 3>
    <Key Shift 3>
    <Key %Trigger%>

But an admin from the HotkeyNet forums mentioned: "Please keep in mind that this sort of hotkey can break Blizzard's rules, depending on which actions it performs in the game."

Any ideas on what is and isn't safe in HotkeyNet? I was thinking of opening a WoW ticket but I'd assume blizzard would give me a generic answer.
    Last edited by Curryman : 12-16-2015 at 06:06 PM

I appreciate your comment friend.

Thanks for the ISBoxer video link it gave me a few things to think about.

<Hotkey 2>
    <Key 2>
    <key 3>
    <key shift 3>

This definition would have the same effect as is shown in the video.

<Hotkey 2>
    <Toggle>
    <Key 2>
    <Toggle>
    <key 3>
    <Toggle>
    <key shift 3>

I would use this definition to avoid the chances of being against the TOS. You could spam the 2 key and ensure you were only performing one action per key press.

Thanks! I'll try out your definition, do a bit more digging, and go from there. <3

I think it's pretty awesome that you made such a video. For me, half the multiboxing fun was getting my scripts ready and eventually tweaking them to have exactly what I want. Yeah one can buy Isboxer and use a wizard, but I have lots of sympathy for HKN.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I think it's pretty awesome that you made such a video. For me, half the multiboxing fun was getting my scripts ready and eventually tweaking them to have exactly what I want. Yeah one can buy Isboxer and use a wizard, but I have lots of sympathy for HKN.
    That is my feeling exactly. When I was multi-boxing "seriously" a long while ago I used to like making custom scripts for very specific situations, I think it was making the scripts which was the fun part for me.

Even with the basic setup I've shown I think its easy to see how you could expand on my ideas.

Very cool. I dabbled with HKN when I was starting out, as many others have done I'm sure, but never got that indepth with it.

Cool to see how all of this is setup. Presented in a very informative and clear way as well. ^^

I like it. Ever since Khatovar "retired," there has been a lack of HKN support on the site, so it's nice to see some new (old) blood.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology