Close
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 105

Being too close is a valid concern Deville. I am building the permanent CC for bosses only, so I only have to be close for them. Once you can keep the RG locked that portion of the GR become trivial.

For everything else, Blizzard Frozen solid in my attack rotation round robin I have going keeps most everything else frozen permanently. I still play at range because frozen solid can just lock stuff down well at range and you are right it is much safer. My freeze lock is primarily just for the Guardian.

The main problem I have with Nova is that u will have to sacrifice damage or toughness for it. Since u need 4 elements to get all 4 Tal's stacks and Nova doesn't add stacks, u will have to sacrifice toughness from Energy Armor or most likely 20% damage from Magic Weapon. Sure, 20% damage may not mean much damage since we are already doing a LOT, but its 20% less damage against all mobs only to stunlock the RG, at VERY close range and even then, u can still die if for some odd reason (lag, fps drops, ground effect casted before the stunlock, etc) the stunlock is not 100%. So, it's kinda a big tradeoff for a risky way to kill the RG.

Not saying is not worth it, but I don't see it like a straight trade off. Maybe if it was Bone Chill instead of Cold Snap I would like it more. Besides RG may or may not be such a problem with some CC at long range. I'll see once I start hitting 50s and RG is such a pain that needs something like this to secure success.

The CC should be permanent once you have the CDR for it. I am working on potentially being able to fully stunlock with just the Sader and if that turns out to be possible I will swap magic weapon back in on the Wizards.

I did a 44 today in under 8 minutes and got a key for 48 and got Exarchs and Anarchs in the 48 so I failed it by a good margin. I farmed up to 48 from another 42 key and failed it as well due to a bad Anarch pack about 3/4 of the way through.

Really not liking some of those mob types lol.

I took Yelgis' advice and am running 54% CDR for full stun lock on the RG's and it is pretty much fool proof on all of them except that one poison/octopus looking thing that flee's backwards upon spawning. Once you get to him it's game over like the rest. When I wasn't farming, the main issue I had was killing the RG in time without multiple deaths and this effectively cures that. Once I get back to pushing 50's I think this will be a huge help. That being said I am a huge fan of fighting everything before the RG at max range and I probably wont change that since it seems to be the most effective.

Currently I'm running an Explosive Blast build and farming 35-40 GR's in under 4 minutes. Somehow 12 Woh's have dropped since the Era began and 5 of them have been ancient (I know right?!?!) so I'm putting them to use. It's pretty crazy how fast you can fill up on Legs with the kill speed Wizards have.

I haven't had a single Woh drop in S3 yet. Only 4 non-ancient SS as well. Not having much luck with my Wizards' weapons yet lol.

No where near the same rift levels yet but the RG's are definitely the issue. It doesn't feel like Blizzard's freeze is able to lock them down well enough, and Frost Nova does decent but it sucks to have it wasted for the rest of a rift.
    My thought is to try out the Delsere's set, which doesn't really lock down RG's either but it's at least a start!
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

S3, I've got 3 Woh's, non were ancient. 1 ancient SS at least. Since my build is focused on Blizzard, I don't care much about weapons. I'm more interested on getting Devastator plans ... missing my last one. It's amazing how fast u start leveling and get gear once u are able to do GR35-40 FAST. I think I'll go with Leoric's on all with Rubies for more exp ... my amulets suck, but with the damage I'm doing, don't think that will matter for GR35. I would love to hit Paragon 1000 with the combined exp from S3 + non season. Makes life so much easier to be Paragon 800+ and 1000 looks like a lovely number

Need to farm mats and also Act 1 Bounties for better Pauldrons of Skeleton King. I think I'll finish campaign mode tonight to get Templar and Enchantress quests. My immediate goal is to hit Para 400+ by the end of the week and have Ancient Devastators in all my wizards. With those weapons and better rings, I'll push 50s and see how well I do on S3. By the end of S3 I wanna be able to do GR42 as fast as I'm doing GR35 now.
    Last edited by Devile : 04-23-2015 at 10:46 AM

Well I have completed a 45. Still no luck with the 47+ keys I keep trying. Getting some nice gem levels because of the failures heh.

Alright no jelly but I just completed GR 23 last night.. still don't have a full 6 piece tal's set on any char but once I do, I think I'll like this build a lot more. I am happy with my progress now though and RG's are more manageable.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

I only got single full Tal set on my characters and finished GR31 yesterday in ~10 minutes. No decent rings, no decent weapons, crappy CDR. As others mentioned, biggest problem is survivability.

Actually, I was seriously underestimating effect of full set on my DPS. Before full set I was doing T6 just fine, but with full set on a single character RGs are just melting.