Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Boxing barbs

Ahh you are using superstition and animosity. I assume you are playing this at just t6? If not what is they highest GR you have done with that setup?

characters are a few hours old, T1 running smoothly atm

After i get set items ?(since i have none) i can probably see GR36 or so max

Ah I see so you are still in the gearing up process. Gr 36 isn't terrible from a multibox perspective. Just managing that many characters in GR's is part of the challenge.

Barbs certainly have potential for multiboxing. If I could figure out a spec that could utilize Ground Stomp properly while still doing decent dps I would be all over them, but the way Ground Stomp mechanics work and the amount of CDR needed to get i to work makes it kinda hard to build a dps spec with it.

https://twitter.com/_JohnYang/status/585545205744558080

Looks like WW barbs are going to not be AS strong.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Yea that is unfortunate that they removed those from the loot table. The bracers added some nice toughness to the IK and Wastes builds. Now you will have to give up damage from Insanity if you want toughness, which is a much harder choice.

I went with barbs on non-season and I think I made the right choice. Wizards are amazing and it was the right choice for S3, but I missed how smooth Condemn Crusaders were, going very fast thru the content with perma immunity and without having to stop much. Just run around killing stuff. U simply can't do that with wizards. U have to stop, cast a kinda complex sequence of skills and keep an eye on stacks, move around to avoid ground effects, etc. Sure they can deal very high damage and clear GR40 fast, but not that fast, not to mention the lack of immunity and how squishy they can be compared to melees. Sure u can add a zDPS Crusader to help improve some of this, but still, is not rushing thru the content.

I want to do back to back GR42 or higher with full exp gear (ruby on helm, leoric/hellfire ring and leoric crown if possible) in less than 5 minutes. Or GR35 with more exp gear but in less than 3 minutes. Basically looking to get the highest amount of exp/shards per hour I can get with the least amount of effort/attention so I can watch TV and relax while doing this. Yeah, I know ... but I really wanna hit paragon 1000+ without burning myself from playing D3.

I wanted something that could go as fast as Condemn Crusaders or faster, be able to go thru mobs with perma immunity. Sadly, Crusaders suck right now compared to other classes and the only way to make Condemn do "ok" is to add F&R which means no Leoric's Crown and that kills your CDR unless u stack it everywhere. Doable but will be harder to build to keep 100% AC uptime. Was going to go with DHs but its the same as wizards. Sure, no complex skill sequence but still, u need to stop and cast. Strafe with Natalya's is a good choice and does very high damage, but no immunity and they are still squishy (less than before tho).

So, I tried barbs and man ... I'm glad I did. WW is so much fun!. I have suboptimal items to say the least and I'm destroying T6. I just needed 2 Immortal King's parts and whatever I had left from Crusaders and T6 goes down in like 2 minutes or less depending on density. My toughness sucks, my damage sucks, but T6 melts. Stacking Warcries and simple Ignore Pain round robin took care of survivability. I had perma immunity and pretty much never died with like 6m toughness unbuffed. Damage? My lvl45+ gems did most of it, but besides that, F&R + WW Dust Devil is crazy efficient! Single pass and all whites die. Elites take a couple circles and I'm gone. No Fury issues, pretty much no dsync issues as well. Not even using WotB. Sprint Marathon + Chilanik's take care of the movement speed.

This is my starter build:

http://www.d3planner.com/708585926

The other barbs have pretty crappy gear as well with DEX F&R and random legendaries. Tho they all have T&T, Hexing Pants and non ancient Furnaces, so that kinda makes the whole thing work very good for T6. With this I'm farming stupidly fast and relaxing. Actually too fast and sometimes its a hard to control in close maps.

Now, from what I see, I have 2 clear choices: Go with the 6 pieces WotW or go with 6 WotW + 4 IK. Not sure yet, I have a lot of farming ahead and will have to test. Again, my goal is the highest amount of exp/shards per hour, not pushing GR50+. I'm inclining to 6 WotW with Leoric's Crown + Leoric Ring + RoRG. Sure perma WotB sounds nice, but it also adds dsync if not careful and I can get perma immunity without WotW ... sure I will miss the damage, but as long as I'm hitting a good amount of exp/shards per hour, I'm ok with not doing the highest possible dps. I understand RG can be a pain so I'll have to test a lot before deciding.

Ideas?

PS: Only thing I'm not liking is Waller. Is not a big issue, but still there's no way around it. Illussory boots maybe? dunno
    Last edited by Devile : 04-28-2015 at 01:12 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    I went with barbs on non-season and I think I made the right choice. Wizards are amazing and it was the right choice for S3, but I missed how smooth Condemn Crusaders were, going very fast thru the content with perma immunity and without having to stop much. Just run around killing stuff. U simply can't do that with wizards. U have to stop, cast a kinda complex sequence of skills and keep an eye on stacks, move around to avoid ground effects, etc. Sure they can deal very high damage and clear GR40 fast, but not that fast, not to mention the lack of immunity and how squishy they can be compared to melees. Sure u can add a zDPS Crusader to help improve some of this, but still, is not rushing thru the content.

I want to do back to back GR42 or higher with full exp gear (ruby on helm, leoric/hellfire ring and leoric crown if possible) in less than 5 minutes. Or GR35 with more exp gear but in less than 3 minutes. Basically looking to get the highest amount of exp/shards per hour I can get with the least amount of effort/attention so I can watch TV and relax while doing this. Yeah, I know ... but I really wanna hit paragon 1000+ without burning myself from playing D3.

I wanted something that could go as fast as Condemn Crusaders or faster, be able to go thru mobs with perma immunity. Sadly, Crusaders suck right now compared to other classes and the only way to make Condemn do "ok" is to add F&R which means no Leoric's Crown and that kills your CDR unless u stack it everywhere. Doable but will be harder to build to keep 100% AC uptime. Was going to go with DHs but its the same as wizards. Sure, no complex skill sequence but still, u need to stop and cast. Strafe with Natalya's is a good choice and does very high damage, but no immunity and they are still squishy (less than before tho).

So, I tried barbs and man ... I'm glad I did. WW is so much fun!. I have suboptimal items to say the least and I'm destroying T6. I just needed 2 Immortal King's parts and whatever I had left from Crusaders and T6 goes down in like 2 minutes or less depending on density. My toughness sucks, my damage sucks, but T6 melts. Stacking Warcries and simple Ignore Pain round robin took care of survivability. I had perma immunity and pretty much never died with like 6m toughness unbuffed. Damage? My lvl45+ gems did most of it, but besides that, F&R + WW Dust Devil is crazy efficient! Single pass and all whites die. Elites take a couple circles and I'm gone. No Fury issues, pretty much no dsync issues as well. Not even using WotB. Sprint Marathon + Chilanik's take care of the movement speed.

This is my starter build:

http://www.d3planner.com/708585926

The other barbs have pretty crappy gear as well with DEX F&R and random legendaries. Tho they all have T&T, Hexing Pants and non ancient Furnaces, so that kinda makes the whole thing work very good for T6. With this I'm farming stupidly fast and relaxing. Actually too fast and sometimes its a hard to control in close maps.

Now, from what I see, I have 2 clear choices: Go with the 6 pieces WotW or go with 6 WotW + 4 IK. Not sure yet, I have a lot of farming ahead and will have to test. Again, my goal is the highest amount of exp/shards per hour, not pushing GR50+. I'm inclining to 6 WotW with Leoric's Crown + Leoric Ring + RoRG. Sure perma WotB sounds nice, but it also adds dsync if not careful and I can get perma immunity without WotW ... sure I will miss the damage, but as long as I'm hitting a good amount of exp/shards per hour, I'm ok with not doing the highest possible dps. I understand RG can be a pain so I'll have to test a lot before deciding.

Ideas?

PS: Only thing I'm not liking is Waller. Is not a big issue, but still there's no way around it. Illussory boots maybe? dunno
    Focus and restraint is too much damage to give up for speed farming.

It's all about efficiency and exp/hour. Sure F&R is a lot of damage, but what if instead I go down 8 GR levels and use full exp gear? Maybe that gives me more exp/h than full dps in a higher GR. That's the point of this for me. I'm not looking for the highest damage, but highest exp/h. I plan to test with different builds and GR level, record all my findings and see what's the best overall. Will take a long time tho since I can't get results from a couple runs. Prolly 10+ runs to get an idea, find trends, etc.
    Last edited by Devile : 04-28-2015 at 04:09 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    It's all about efficiency and exp/hour. Sure F&R is a lot of damage, but what if instead I go down 8 GR levels and use full exp gear? Maybe that gives me more exp/h than full dps in a higher GR. That's the point of this for me. I'm not looking for the highest damage, but highest exp/h. I plan to test with different builds and GR level, record all my findings and see what's the best overall. Will take a long time tho since I can't get results from a couple runs.
    Using two exp items ( hellfire ring and leorics) isn't really going to garner that much of a difference. Look at the 1k+ paragon dude. Its a 300 paragon difference but thats with bjorn's, cain's, helm, hellfire.

If you can do a 40 in 4 mins or a 36 in 4 mins with EXP gear it might even out. Hell you doing a 36 in ~2 mins and getting double the rifts per hour you are going to get more exp than with the exp gear still. With how barb setups are working right now you are relegated to 6/2 with any EXP gear usage.

Will have to test different setups on different GR to see whats the fastest exp. So far, I'm having a lot of fun with Barbs. Made a quick video on a GR37, speedfarm. Wrong belt and wrong round robin timings cause of less CDR, but it worked nice anyway:

Will make a full guide later on. RNG has treated me very well with quite a few ancients so far.