Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 24

Hybrid View

Default Team composition for Season 3

Just started multiboxing 4 accounts after a while and have been playing with 4 demon hunters in season 2. I was wondering with the new patch what teams you would try to experiment with.
    4 Barbs with IK seems nice if they can be in sync, also have been thinking about going with 1 WD and 3 DHs
    What are your plans for season 3?

I'll prolly go with 4 DHs or 4 WDs. Don't think I'll go thru the torture of leveling 4 melees again. If I decide to go with Barbs, I'll still go with ranged just to save time and use them to gear the Barbs. I'm not convinced yet with Barbs. I'll wait for 2.2 to come out and try it. I'm already farming Barb sets and will test it as soon as 2.2 is live.

I with Deville. I will probably do DH and WD teams next season.

Carnevil WDs for me too. DH - maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by joes View Post
    Carnevil WDs for me too. DH - maybe.
    did you try the carnevil wds before? what grift did you get to?

i really want to try 4x wizard the problem is the new bracer vs krelm. krelm is such a huge deal when boxing imo just makes the runs super smooth. but the newbracer for energy twister seems to good to pass on :< i really wish it was something else than a bracer
    Last edited by sibs : 03-26-2015 at 09:21 AM

Quote Originally Posted by sibs View Post
    did you try the carnevil wds before?
    Never tried, but in 2.2 they buffed carnevil significantly. I have non-seasonal 4x zoomancers (gargantuan, fetishes, dogs, etc) and didn't like WD much, decided to switch to crusaders.

Reason why carnevil - solved problem with pet pathing, lots of lazers pew-pew, generally fun to play. Plus I saw some PTR videos where guy was doing GR44 without significant problems. Also, this - http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3witch...how_the_build/

Also, there are other viable WD builds, so class should be viable in S3.
    Last edited by joes : 03-26-2015 at 09:55 AM

Four DH's, once you get to T4, makes getting M6/Rucksack/Ancient xbow much easier than trying to similarly gear any other 4 classes, IMO. I did that this season; 4xDH to T6/GR30, then geared 4xCrusaders with 6pc Akkarat/BoP/FW for condemn builds into T6 / GR25+, then started 4 wizards for fun, won't have time to finish the wizards though.

That fact that you can easily farm crafting mats, and craft an ancient xbow and not rely on drops, just can't be overlooked.

Not doing melees again unless its a new class and I really wanna learn by myself from 1 to 70. Multiboxing melees is really slow and boring. Did it on S2 with monks and almost died of boredom. Solo or group leveling, melees are fine, but when u multibox 4 melees, it's plain torture. Leveling 4 DHs is smooth and fast and u can use them to gear those melees way faster than starting with the melees from lvl1.

My plan for S3 is to start with 4 DH for ease of leveling and to go for the Strafe build for them once they are level 70. I also plan on a 4 WD team with one of them running a Tiki helm/pet build with 6p Zuni and a Starmetal if I can get it to by my BBV machine, while the other three wear 6 p Jade with Quetz helm and the new Obsidian Ring to be able to spam Soul Harvest more frequently.

Barb is still on my list as a possibility, but I probably won't start with a team of them.

While I agree that Carnevil builds got a nice buff with the Zuni set on the PTR, I don't think they are the best for multiboxing or even solo Grift.

For solo the top build currently seems to be a Pet build using 2 piece jade and 6p zuni. Spamming Haunt procs fetishes really fast due to its high proc coeff., gives a 20% dmg buff and activates 6p zuni and with 2p Jade it does decent damage. I not entirely sure of all the specifics on this build, but it is what a lot of testers are talking about.

Niether carn or the pet build are good for multiboxing in my opinion though. Pets have the collision issue and poor aoe and Carn has the problems of pet positioning and all 4 of your characters have to be perfectly synced to deliver optimal dart spam.

My pick for a WD group is a Tiki doc built for dps (pet build, SMK for BBV Slam Dance spam, possibly running 6p zuni for more pet damage) and then for the 3 dps alts I would run Jade.

The problem with Jade build is survivability. That problem is partially taken care of by the lock doc keeping elite packs and most affixes in check.

The other reason I would go with jade is that the aoe is better and positioning/syncing isn't as important because haunt is a semi homing skill (as in it hits something near where you cast it) and Soul Harvest is a decent sized aoe. Jade DPS in a good spot now because since you are forced to wear Rorg to get the 6p bonus with the Quetz helm you only have one ring slot left. Obsidian Ring is a no brainer here because it procs every time you cast haunt (which you are spamming now because it does good damage). This makes you have Soul Harvest off cooldown much faster without having to stack a ton of CDR.

For instance running Spirit vessel, soul harvest has a 13 second cooldown. With 33% CDR (12.5 diamond, 8% shoulder, 8% gloves, and 10% paragon) that yields cooldown of about 8.71 seconds. Every time haunt lands it lowers the CDR by 1 sec with ORoZ (assuming it is the only skill on cooldown). With 2 APS, that is 2 seconds of additional cooldown per second for a total of 3 seconds every 1 second. So ORoZ would be off cooldown every 3 seconds in the optimal case.

Another reason to go Jade instead of Carnevil, is that Carn needs to use the Zuni offhand to be able to have all the other gear it needs. This means you miss out on probably the coolest item a WD multibox team has at its disposal... The new Homunculus Mojo. This thing causes your WD to spawn a zombie dog every 2 seconds now. Let me just start off by saying Blizzard must not have considered multiboxxers when designing this. It is clearly meant to provide WD's the ability to sacrifice a zombie dog every 2 seconds for the Provoke the Pack buff from the Sacrifice skill, but they totally ignored the other side of it.

The Black Blood rune is a 3 second stun. I won't cover all the details, but just know that a 3 second stun translates to a .9 second stun on even rift guardians at full CC resistance. That means to successfully round robin and stunlock you need to Sac a dog every .9 seconds which is impossible for a solo Doc since they quickly run out of dogs. Yet .9 x 4 = 3.6 or better illustrated lets assume this:

Doc 1 Sacs at 0 seconds
    Doc 2 Sacs at .9 seconds
    Doc 3 Sacs at 1.8 seconds
    Doc 4 Sacs at 2.7 seconds

Now when it comes back around to doc 1's turn to Sac again it 3.6 seconds have passed. Since the new Homonculus mojo spawns a dog every 2 seconds all the witchdoctors in that rotation will always have a dog ready to sac when it is their turn. In fact the way the mojo works is a dog will summon immediately after saccing a dog if one hasn't been sacced in over 2 seconds. It spawns a dog immediately if it hasn't recently and then start a 2 sec timer before spawning another.

In fact the WD's can go down to saccing the dogs as fast every .67 seconds and still maintain enough dogs indefinitely. For latency purposes it is probably best to set your RR up to a dog saced between every .7-.8 seconds. The greatest part about all of this is the Sac is ranged and has decent aoe and this setup requires zero CDR to accomplish. Stun is great because it works on Rift Guardians and makes them trivial to fight. It isn't as good at locking down elite packs though which is why you run the Tiki doc. Between the two CC effects most everything should be locked down and the range of the Sac skill allows you to also lock down strays outside of your tiki range.