Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Patch 2.2: Can't launch Diablo III Client with "-launch" anymore

Hey guys,

before patch 2.2 I could start the client multiple times with "Diablo III\Diablo III.exe -launch".

Since 2.2 I get a Windows error dialog saying "Diablo III was unable to find either your .build.info file or your Data folder."

Nothing has changed on my system. I reinstalled the client, but it didn't solve the problem. I even moved it to another drive, to check if it's something with permissions or sth like that, but I still get the error.

I can start D3 with Battle.net, so my installation isn't broken. It just doesn't work with "-launch" anymore. :-(

Am I the only one? Any ideas?

Edit: The ".build.info"-File is in my client directory.
    Last edited by Dusl : 04-09-2015 at 02:32 PM

If I create a file shortcut with "-launch", it works,

But with HotKeyNet this doesn't work:

<Run "D:\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch>

Prior to 2.2, it worked like a charm.

If anyone has some ideas, I would appreciate any help.

You should go on the original IsBoxer forum, you'll have a quick answer.

Everything is running fine for me, except for the first 2.2 launch, I had window crashes a couple of time, and also my key bindings were gone. Probably a compatibilty problem with the new "cosmetic" stuff, which was F11 (I think) and IsBoxer uses F11 too.

Oh, I'm using HotKeyNet, not IsBoxer.

But it souldn't be a hotkey issue, since the command to start Diablo gets executed successfully by HotKeyNet. It's just that the client dies during the start. :/

I don't use Hotkeynet or the -launch option so I don't know what to tell you Dusl. I wish you the best of luck in troubleshooting it though.

I just want to jump on the fact that my key bindings were also reset, which was a slight annoyance.

The data_D3 folder was renamed to Data. I had to fix my symbolic links and had no problems after that.

Ahh symlink's. They will get ya now and then. Glad you figured it out.