Close
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 51

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    I bought a EVGA 980 Ti 6GB, a huge upgrade from my old 580 GTX 4GB.

GTAV looks amazing, ultra settings 1080p @ 60fps.

Witcher3 looks amazing...so beautiful on ultra settings.
    Im playing GTAV on one as well, and a G-Sync ISP monitor its 2560x1440 144hz and everything looks amazing on it. Playing ESO on max settings as well...looks wonderful! I'm looking forward to firing up my WoW team and seeing how things look on it with that game( g-sync works in windows mode now )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Blog Entries

Here's my question, if running at 1080p is the 980 ti worth it for boxing? Or is 970 sli the way to go? I ask, because the price is comparable.
    My Blog: SRS Business

Quote Originally Posted by Hor View Post
    Here's my question, if running at 1080p is the 980 ti worth it for boxing? Or is 970 sli the way to go? I ask, because the price is comparable.
    A single GPU setup is always better than a multi-GPU setup because you don't have to deal with the drawbacks that come with multi-GPU setups. Unless, of course, you're already using a very nice single GPU and you want to upgrade, and the upgrade path of adding in a second GPU is better than just replacing the one you're currently using.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Blog Entries

I get that, but my concern is that if you're going to be sticking with 1080p is there a real advantage of using the 980ti over the 970s. The general consensus on regular gaming is that for the money, go 970s if you're in 1080p because you don't need the extra oomph of the ti. However, with boxing I could see it as a potential for needing more overhead than the 970s can provide.

IE if you've already got 2 970s is it worth getting a ti for boxing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hor View Post
    IE if you've already got 2 970s is it worth getting a ti for boxing?
    Probably not.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

I got 2 Titan X cards for the 4k WOW.

I have 3 monitors, all clients are running stacked on full screen (4K) with isboxer and I have videoFX showing the screens on the second monitor.

If I set all the clients to ultra and go run around in circles in the shadowmoon valley, I'm using 8119MB of VRAM and I'm maxing out the Titan X SLI GPU (runs at 98% according to GPU-Z).

I'm getting 20-30 FPS on the main window. CPU is running at 70%.

It's playable, follow holds, but it's not enjoyable. I'd definitely drop the settings from Ultra to lower on secondary clients.

I'd make a video if I would know how to

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    If you're still checking this thread, then I'd like a test to be run. The 980 Ti comes out in ~1 week, and I need to know whether 6GB will be a limiting factor for me when running a 2160 resolution. I fear that it will be, but I'd like to make sure before I drop the big dollars on multiple Titan Xs.

I'd like to know the GPU load and VRAM usage in a few different situations (preferably read with GPU-Z).

Number of Clients: 5
    Resolution: 3840x2160
    API: DirectX 11
    In-game Presets: Ultra/High/Good
    Framerate: 60/30 and 60/20
    Location: Draenor (Shadowmoon Valley) > Draenor (Nagrand) > Pandaria (Jade Forest) > Elwynn Forest (in order of my preference—you only need to choose one)
    Camera Angle: They don't have to be perfectly aligned, but I'd prefer them to be looking in the same direction as whichever location/screenshot you choose, and not zoomed in and staring at the ground. The load on the GPU can change drastically depending on which direction the camera is looking.
    Other: Responsiveness/Choppiness of the game clients if you're pushing max load/VRAM, and whether you were running 60/30 or 60/20. Long stuttering? Hard lock-ups for 2-3 seconds? Smooth sailing?

I'd prefer it if you ran around in a circle or something for a moment when testing to let all of the game clients eat up their surrounding area and load it into the VRAM—This will also reveal if there is any stuttering. I will also ask that you log out to the character selection screen after changing in-game video setting presets because I don't know how well the game client is going to flush/purge what it doesn't need in the VRAM when it has so much available, and logging all the way out to the character selection screen should force that to happen.

I think that's it—Thanks.

This is a late reply, but seeing as two GTX 980s is only worth 4GB of VRAM, you're probably going to be hitting the limit quicker than you want.

Quote Originally Posted by franco View Post
    I got 2 Titan X cards for the 4k WOW.

I have 3 monitors, all clients are running stacked on full screen (4K) with isboxer and I have videoFX showing the screens on the second monitor.

If I set all the clients to ultra and go run around in circles in the shadowmoon valley, I'm using 8119MB of VRAM and I'm maxing out the Titan X SLI GPU (runs at 98% according to GPU-Z).

I'm getting 20-30 FPS on the main window. CPU is running at 70%.

It's playable, follow holds, but it's not enjoyable. I'd definitely drop the settings from Ultra to lower on secondary clients.

I'd make a video if I would know how to

I hope this helps.
    Thanks. I was actually able to run my own tests, but I hadn't reported back yet. If you disable SSAO entirely you will likely gain a lot of FPS, so I'd recommend doing that at resolutions above 2560x1440.

Isn't it overkill to run all the edge-softening stuff (MSAA/etc.) on 4k?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Isn't it overkill to run all the edge-softening stuff (MSAA/etc.) on 4k?
    I would say it all depends on the game and the pixel density of your display, but I generally enable MSAA 2x/4x just to help catch any extra jagged edges that may still be present.

Personally, I'm pretty sensitive to aliasing and am able to see it almost everywhere I look in the game world, so if I have any extra GPU power available, I'm going to use it for anti-aliasing.

Blog Entries

I have a question guys, since there's so many new cards coming out with such a wide variance in terms of ram. Does having more vram benefit boxers? For example, five boxing on 1440 would you see 4g vram as a bottleneck, or would an 8gig vram card be overkill, etc. Just wondering where the sweet spot is atm.