Close
Showing results 1 to 1 of 1

Default Arcane Mage Talents, Strategy + Gearing ( 5 x mage )

I've not long picked up WOW again, just dinged my mages to level 100

Have been enjoying it, instance wise at level 96 I completed the slag mines and level 98 the iron docks, so I was over-geared I might have complete slag mines earlier, but I was using high dps weapons without spell power (because I'd been playing too much diablo 3) - so my damage output wasn't as good as it should had been!

They've tailoring and enchanting + huts, but I've only had them a week and not yet got my 100 hex cloth.

Here is my current glyph and talent setup
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...aa!0200200!aRl

Level 45 'ring of frost' is wasted, I don't use it.
    Ice barrier and Evanesce can be useful for AOE or surviving the first elite pull before my killing speed ramps up.
    Greater invisibility for survivability, reset encounters etc
    Supernova - found unstable magic broke polymorph, supernova can be fun really obliterates groups of mobs.
    Mirror Image - 40 seconds of tanking mirrors for bosses
    Overpowered - concerned prismatic crystal might be annoying as a boxer, and maybe I should pick arcane orb to start fights off with arcane charges.

I've only just gotten a couple of followers on each mage to level 100, so yet to reap the rewards of missions.
    I figure when I've got 100 hex cloth I'd use them to equip one mage at a time, so I can always run it singularly in an instance if need be.
    Last night when I dinged 100 I started looking for the ilvl 620 rares elite drops, and got a couple x 3. not 100% drops.

So if anyone has any advice about mage setups, or gearing up - I'd welcome the discussion.

Cheers

p.s. improved Arcane Blast talent at .. 98? big smile I'm glad that was still in there

p.p.s I just found out

Glyph of Regenerative Ice– Good for emergency healing or to give your healers breathing room. Adds a weaker heal to Evanesce.

Just also had a thought

Glyph of Momentum– Teleport in the direction you are moving instead of the one you are facing. Can really throw off PvP attackers.

could use this at the start of boss fights, move backward with teleport to quickly put distance between mirrors to avoid AOE.
    Last edited by dancook : 02-06-2015 at 06:56 AM