Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default How do you gear up?

Hi guys,

How do you gear up your toons? Playing solo at the moment if it's any different

Currently playing a pet doctor and wondering is it best to farm T3 rifts or chain T3 bounties for gear?

Cheers

Gearing up is somewhat a matter of luck. The best way to gear a fresh 70 in my opinion though is the following:

1) Do normal rifts at the highest torment level you are able to do efficiently until you get some Trial Keys. Efficiently here means little or no deaths and the ability to one or two shot trash mobs and not spending more than 30 seconds on elite packs.

2) Once you have some trial keys (only need two or three to start), use them and port out to get level 1 GR keys.

3) Do GR trial keys from the level 1 up. Make sure to skip some mobs at the start of the GR then get the progress bar to 96%+ but not to 100 and zone out.

4) Do bounties until the GR timer is below 5 minutes.

5) Go back into the GR, kill the trash you left at the beginning in order to summon the RG and kill him.

6) Repeat steps 3-5 until you have all the legendary gems from the GR's (you can get all 18 of them this way but the Hoarder gem isn't guaranteed so just stop after getting the other 17)

I use a timer on my phone that I set for 15 minutes and start when I start a GR when I am doing this to keep time. Leaving one elite pack at the start of each GR is usually sufficient for this method as well. Do not attempt bounties to kill the bosses in the acts during this. Do the boss kill bounties either before you start the GR's or after you finish them. If you have a GR active while trying to zone into a boss bounty only one character will be able to get in. This is really annoying while multiboxing.

By the time you have all the legendary gems, you should have gotten a few nice items from the rifts. While doing this process you should also be spending your bloodshards on slots that are your weakest. Focus on armor slots that are build defining. For instance I would gamble for Gungdo Gear bracers first on Monks, and then try to gamble the Sunwuko pieces for glove, shoulder, helm as they are the cheapest. I like to do A1 bounties while I am doing this legendary gem farm as you can get lucky and get your RoRG.

If you are not multiboxing, I recommend running in groups. Grouping gives a buff to drop rates and you can also gear share if you are in a good party. It will speed up your item acquisition.

Once all that is done, normal rifts are far better for gear. Do them on the highest torment you can and keep spending your bloodshards wisely. Once you can do GR's in the 30's decently fast I would start focusing on them because the experience is much better which will help you get your paragon up faster which leads to even more power.

As a WD your best options are gearing for lock Doc and running with parties or going for the Carnevil build with Dagger of Darts. Lock Doc is a zero dps playstyle though and doesn't do so well outside of parties, but they enable groups to push much higher GR's so they get plenty of good gear and xp. The Carn doc is probably one of the better dps specs for WD and it doesn't rely on your pets being able to tank for you which they can't do very well in higher GR's.

The pet and jade builds should be able to push into the mid 30's no problem though.

Thanks for that reply. I'm comfortably clearing T3 rifts, but have never seen a carnevil or an SMK. I have 4 jade pieces stashed so may look into that. Tempted to try a 4 man team, just waiting for payday 😄