I posted a video killing The Butcher in Highmaul earlier today (http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...oxing-Highmaul) and it got me to thinking. Why don't more multiboxers raid?

I've had a blast over the last few years soloing raids. I love the challenge of trying to deal with all the devilish mechanics that Blizzard throws at us. Each fight is unique and every boss stretches me as I have to come up with new ways of dealing with them. Conquering content that was designed for ten+ individual minds and keyboards gives a feeling of accomplishment like none other in the game.

Raids have long been the pinnacle of PvE content in WoW and other MMOs and with LFR, cross-realm grouping, and multiple levels of raids (normal, heroic, and mythic), more WoW players than ever before are enjoying that content. I remember reading a comment from the Blizzard developers commenting that the vast majority of level capped players now raid. Raiding is the major thing that keeps most WoW players paying for their subscription. Yet expansion after expansion, I feel like I am one of the few (or only) multiboxer heading into raids.

Here are some reasons I can come up with that might explain this, but they all seem insufficient to me:

Raiding is too hard.
OK, I admit there is a challenge there, but without a challenge games become stale. You can't make the argument that current level raiding can't be done by a multiboxer (http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3...deo-Compendium)

It takes too much skill.
If I am the person that is being held up as being uberskilled, I beg to differ. I don't have particularly fast reactions and it is embarrassing how basic my ISBoxer setup is. I'm certain somebody like Mirai or Lax would be able to do wonders and somebody like Ellay could run circles around me in PvP.

Getting sufficient gear to get started is too hard.
Getting an average over ilvl 640 takes no skill and very little of your time in this expansion. Once you are at level 100 and have a basic garrison set up, logging in once a day for a few weeks gets you tons of ilvl 645 gear from follower missions (and maybe a few ilvl 655 pieces from Highmaul missions), running LFR for maybe 2 hours each week gets you a slew of ilvl 640 gear from the three Highmaul wings, and even un-upgraded profession gear can fill in more ilvl 640 gear wherever you have holes. With just a bit of skill, it is easy to farm normal or heroic Highmaul trash for ilvl 655 or 670 backs/belts. 30 min once per week to kill Drov or Tarina for ilvl 650 drops or doing The Pit daily and buying Apexis crystal gear are more easy ways to boost that ilvl.

I'm a boxer - I'm lazy and don't want a challenge.
If this is true, I can see this being a valid reason for more boxers not to raid. I mean, it does give one a feeling of superiority when leveling up where you can push one button with totally unoptimized macros and everything dies. It is a bit of a shock when you enter a dungeon and face content actually designed for the number of characters you are playing. But I have a hard time accepting the basic premise that most boxers are lazy. We spend a lot of time getting teams set up and invest a significant amount of money in the game - in most cases we are the cream of the crop, not the bottom of the barrel.

I don't want to optimize macros.
This is highly related to the above. Getting macros right does take some time, but enough of us have posted good macros on this site that copying and pasting them should at least give you a great start. (In fact, I'll post the macros I used in my Butcher kill).

I can't afford a great computer.
I can see this as being valid for a minority of people, but it really just doesn't take much to be able to ten box effectively these days. I have two computers that are 2-3 years old and run 5-man teams on each with Input Director (software) to run them both with one mouse and keyboard. Pretty cheap.

Um... OK, I'm searching here and can't come up with anything else. None of the above explain why there aren't more multiboxing raiders.

Help me out - why do you think more of us don't raid? More personally, why don't YOU raid?