Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 37

I just started a second team of 5 in order to 10 box, whether or not i make it to raiding by myself is another thing. I started boxing in Wrath and even though I never really raided as a boxer, my initial goal was to be able to just do dungeons eventually doing heroics with a team of 5.
    I may be able to raid at some point but it'll take a lot of work on my part in order to set it up properly in isboxer and muster the patience it take to learn all thats needed to accomplish it. RL takes away my ability to play on a more regular basis.
    still having fun though
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

OP - you must have plenty of spare money if it didnt even occur to you that cost might be a reason people dont box raids lol.

For me cost is definately an issue, i have 3 kids and limited time so i cannot justify spending much more on gaming. Maybe if 10 man stuff was the pinnacle of wow and gave access to the best gear etc then i would try it for a limited time..maybe.
    But 25 accounts is definately out of the question, even if it were free i think it would be a huge headache. maybe im just not committed enough

Quote Originally Posted by fightcow View Post
    OP - you must have plenty of spare money if it didnt even occur to you that cost might be a reason people dont box raids lol.
    Yep, after the first person mentioned cost as limiting factor for why they don't raid, I realized that should have been on my list.

I certainly remember those college days when I was came home with $20 of eggs and bread for the week's food since they were really cheap, and am glad to be past those days, but $150/mo is still nothing to sneeze at.

Paying for 25 accounts? That's truly crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by fightcow View Post
    Maybe if 10 man stuff was the pinnacle of wow and gave access to the best gear
    Er... am I missing something?
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

I've never done any raiding, though I did 10-box for a few months. Back then, leveling was the hardest part as no quests worked in raid groups. I've been getting the itch to do it again in WoD with the quest changes but time is a problem at the moment. I'm busy as hell at work (and loving all but the lack of sleep/gaming) and until that lets up, 5-boxing 3 groups of garrisons is about as much as I can manage.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    but $150/mo is still nothing to sneeze at.

Paying for 25 accounts? That's truly crazy.
    In a multiboxing context, 25 is not more or less crazy than paying for 10 accounts. 300 euro/month ain't the end of the world either for many people (and for many it is). It's all about if its worth it for you. I'm too cheap to pay 4 euro in a store for jam when I can buy it somewhere else for 3.5 euro, but on the other hand I fly 2-3x a year to London to get me some handmade shirts/suits. And I guess pretty much everyone has stuff going like this.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

I have always just done PvE and minus some zerg and leagion of boom alts, its been solo boxing 5 and the last year to so 10.

I think I am right behind you in High Maul, but I get distracted by farming stuff (36 mimiron head runs a week, I hope to get #2 and never see that place again ... and now ) or garrisons with my time. Too much time wasted going for Astral Cloud Serpent, likely put that off until I can vaporize the place.

With the recent Jamba issues and now the end of life announcement I have been trying to package up a DWIW replacement for curseforge.

I would like to see a OpenRaid guild with some of the PvE multi-boxing teams to do some raids with. I think a lot of people would like to rotate teams through lockouts. Likely help newbie people that cannot do a lot of content mixing with other people.

I dont raid because

1. My performance is always poor
    a. I've done my homework on my class and my isboxer dps setup is highly complex but i cant keep up with solo players
    b. I can set up simple round robins but i struggle to set them up with profiles that have more than one group and or mixed groups
    c. its hard to innovate/improve because troubleshooting isboxer can be a bear and time consuming.
    2. I can only do one thing at the same time
    a. I've offset by adding more input devices foot pedals, mice with side buttons and left/right tilt wheels
    3. I struggle with movement intensive mechanics like twins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5gYvlmNyZ
    a. I counter this using a deep camera angle so i can see the whole team
    b. I use addons like GTFO to avoid fire and dangerous mechanics

My husband and I used to dual 5 box raids during BC and Wrath but somewhere along the way he lost interest (something about not enjoying wiping for hours on end). During Cata I don't think he even bothered leveling all 5 members of his team so that was that. Unfortunate since I think he was totally the superior boxer!

Right now I just finally managed to limp my team of 5 through the level 100 normal dungeons and am thinking of maybe trying some heroics later today, but even that is intimidating given how hard I thought the normals were! Heck, at this point I wish I could just find a way to box an Invasion! to gold status! That would be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    what stopped me from 10 boxing in cata was that a simple trivial raid mechanic on boss 2 of an instance could make it impossible to further progress
    Yep, the change they've made to raids recently are awesome for boxing! Now you can easily PuG past non-boxing friendly bosses, then make this toon lead and get the rest of your team in to do whatever you want!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    And this might sound crazy, but I multibox raid encounters in my head all the time. For pretty much every boss I think about how a multiboxer should do the encounter. Then I check logs/fights/raid comp till I'm convinced it would work (and I have a pretty good background as a progress raider, so I somehow have faith in my own analysis). And the knowledge that the strategy I come up with would work is so far enough for me that I don't feel the urge of going through the hassle of actually doing it.
    I'm willing to bet your analyses are pretty spot on, zenga. Since you are already figuring this stuff out in your head, spend a few minutes writing it down on the forums! Figuring out a decent strategy is half the battle for raiding boxers. Maybe I'll be able to prove your strategies work!

Teslah,

Thanks for your thoughts. I did want to comment on a couple of your points.

Quote Originally Posted by Teslah View Post
    Do you think you will do the Butcher for the next 52 weeks for gear that is 20 iLvls below you? Taking him down first is excellent, continuing to do it week after week for the gear, I’m not so sure.
    This seems an odd question that would be answered the same by any raider. My primary reason for raiding is the same one that the millions of other raiders have - to get better gear so you can take on more significant challenges. After I've farmed the gear I need out of a boss, I move on, just like any other raider.

Once you hit three or more people are you truly multiboxing at that point?
    To me, I guess the answer have to do with how many characters each person is running. For example, in the video I posted of three of us downing 25 man Morchok when he was current content, I'm not sure anyone would say this wasn't multiboxing.

That's another fabulous thing about what Blizzard has done with raiding these days! You can run however many characters as you want and the raid will compensate accordingly.

I’m still going to try and do the Butcher now that you've shown it can be done.
    Great! You'll have to let us know how it goes. I posted another video this morning of me doing it alone. Let me know if I can be of any help in working out strategies, ISBoxer profiles, or whatever.

Will I make that the primary thing I do when I have time to play? Probably not.
    Now that I've conquered Butcher, killing him over and over again will definitely *not* be the primary thing I do when I have time to play. I'll probably down him once a week for upgrades, then move on to the other challenges the game has to offer.