Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Odd problem - When I tab to target throws me out to Windows or an open browser.

Hi everyone,

Had a quick question. Probably something I did or did not set correctly. When playing with 4 windows, if I hit tab to select a mob it sometimes minimizes that ISBoxer window and goes to an open application in Windows, like Excel or an open website with Google. Any idea how to stop this from happening? Tab works great in game, cycles through targets, just every few minutes it minimizes the ISBoxer clients and throws me out to Windows.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.
    Pally, mage, druid, priest and shaman on Staghelm.

Are you spamming your DPS key or using auto-fire keyboard at those times? Sometimes you think you are hitting TAB key, but if your DPS key is also going off you might really be hitting ALT-SHIFT-TAB or something more weird.

But that does not explain the minimizing. Sorry of no help.

Whatever it is that is happening, does not sound to me like it is from ISBoxer. ISBoxer has no function to minimize the window (it can swap between Active and Home Region) and cannot switch to a non-ISBoxer window unless you've got an "Other window source" from a Video FX and activate the Video FX Focus Hotkey while the mouse cursor is over a Viewer for that source. So unless you've set the Video FX Focus Hotkey to Tab in your Character Set, and have a Video FX Viewer and a currently-active "Other window source" (you would have had to specifically open up the ISBoxer Control Panel in game, and configure an Other Window Source, since launching the game. There's probably a 0.00001% chance you did this.)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Are you spamming your DPS key or using auto-fire keyboard at those times? Sometimes you think you are hitting TAB key, but if your DPS key is also going off you might really be hitting ALT-SHIFT-TAB or something more weird.

But that does not explain the minimizing. Sorry of no help.
    Alt+Tab and Shift+Alt+Tab are Windows Hotkeys; ISBoxer doesn't send keys to Windows, just to the game. If you have ISBoxer press Alt+Tab, it's not going to switch windows, and if you have ISBoxer hold Alt while you press Tab, it's also not going to switch windows. That is, unless the game has something built into it to accept that particular Hotkey and do something as a result.

IMHO this is happening because of other software installed on your PC. If you have not rebooted recently, I might suggest doing that to help clear up anything weird...
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start