Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Timewalk Dungeon Wotlk 6 - 11th of January advices wanted

Wotlk timewalk event this week and I wish to get the most out of it to gear up. I am currently on Warrior, Hunterx3, Disc Priest composition and gear is around 650-680 or so. I have never done timewalk event before since I started playing just when the time walk event were ending. But from what I read your item level, abilities will be scaled down to its content and in wotlk I believe its 80. Is it better to collect gear from heroic raids or its fine with the gear I am wearing atm?

I have been collecting tier tokens just for transmog purposes but I do not have any of the weapons since I have sold them. also, enchant and gems will be scaled down as well?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoah35 View Post
    Wotlk timewalk event this week and I wish to get the most out of it to gear up. I am currently on Warrior, Hunterx3, Disc Priest composition and gear is around 650-680 or so. I have never done timewalk event before since I started playing just when the time walk event were ending. But from what I read your item level, abilities will be scaled down to its content and in wotlk I believe its 80. Is it better to collect gear from heroic raids or its fine with the gear I am wearing atm?

I have been collecting tier tokens just for transmog purposes but I do not have any of the weapons since I have sold them. also, enchant and gems will be scaled down as well?

Thanks.
    Timewalking can be done with current 670ish gear from Tanaan/Garrisons. I did a few with some friends, though it's definitely harder. Gems I think are the only thing that is not scaled down; so the desired "cheese" mechanic is to grab a bunch of old heroic 25-man gear (from e.g. Pandaland raids) and gem the crap out of it. There's another thread or two on this from a little while back:
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...l=1#post399936
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...Dec-9-14/page2
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Timewalking drops 675 gear, you might not get much out of it. If you're just after gear do Ashran which drops 700 in a quarter of the time. Ever since the new pvp season it removed the best reason to Timewalk.

Timewalking is very fun, and you need to do 5 for the weekly quest which does drop 700 gear. Theres also mounts that can drop from the last boss to give more reason to do them now. Wish they would have increased the iLevel of the drops instead.

As for gear, just do nothing, just use whatever gear you already have. Yes you can find a guide that will help you min-max your gear for gems/procs which do not scale down well timewalking, but that will help only a very small percent and will cost you thousands and thousands of gold for a tiny dps increase.

Timewalking this week is Northrend.

Wowhead has a guide up with strategies for all dungeons if you need it.
    http://www.wowhead.com/event=562/nor...-dungeon-event