Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Threaded View

Angry Weird Keyboard Issue... Can't Type a Question Mark

This is a weird misc issue.

I've tried asking on the wow forums, I've opened a ticket, I've tried a few other places, but since the multiboxing community is the smartest group of people most of the time, (maybe all the time!) maybe you can solve this weird issue I have.

I don't know when this started, but I only recently started noticing it.

It only happens in wow.

When I type a Question Mark - "?" - I get a | instead, as if I am typing shift + \, instead of shift + /

• At first, I thought it was something I messed up in isboxer - but it does it with all keymaps off.
    • I then thought it would be an add-on issue, so I tried turning them all off, rebooting, and restarting.
    • I use a G510s, and looked through all those settings, and can't find anything.
    • I've looked in the wow interface, but it only seems to happen when I type in chat. It does it for all 5 toons.
    • It works fine outside of world of warcraft. See, I can type ????????? all day long here.
    • ESET NOD Antivirus 6.0.3+ and scans show nothing weird.
    • I've looked in control panel for some weird kind of language setting on Windows 7.

When I try to set a hotkey in the wow interface, and try to set it as a question mark, it does show it set as shift + \

It's driving me nuts. I've tried many different searches on the subject, but I haven't found anything speciifc.

I was hoping there was something maybe someone here would know.

If not, feel free to move or delete this thread.

wakasm
    Last edited by wakasm : 12-16-2014 at 02:46 AM Reason: spelling