Hello,

I am a returning player, dabbled in 5-boxing EVE a few years ago, mostly by running/training a mining team in hi-sec. I decided to return to EVE being a little burnt out boxing fantasy games (EQ2, WoW, Rift, Lotro). I use ISBoxer, has been for many years, and consider myself to be an advanced user.

I am returning to a team of one Orca (booster/hauler) and 4 Skiffs. Two of the miners already have pretty good drone skills trained and are already capable of using Sentries II, While I intend to continue mining from time to time, I would like to create a longer-term development plan to engage in other aspects of the game - initially in Hi-sec (missioning, exploration) and then moving on to more dangerous stuff in null-sec/wormholes. Traditionally I am not a PvPer while boxing, and while I foresee the need to defend myself against other players, I am not actively seeking to engage in PvP.

I researched this forum and got fascinated by an idea of run 5 RR spider-tanking drone boats (Dominix for example) with drone assist, this kinda feels right for me as a multiboxer .

Obviously, initially I'd like to train while using smaller boats to get the hang of it, thus my post - I'd appreciate a word of advice on how to train my mining team into an efficient drone-centered combat unit.

Should I be training armor or shield tanking/support? I saw setups for both, but I am not experienced enough to make a choice. On the surface Domi is an armor ship...

Can Vexors or Myrmidons be used for RR spider-tanking to run missions? Even if using fleet in missions is overkill, I'd like to train myself and work on effecient ISboxer setup for repping, commanding drones and fleet movement etc. Or should I do ratting for training?

My Orca pilot has good command skills, should I be adding to that or its a waste on full domi fleet?

What are the logical next steps for a 5-man domi rr fleet after leaving hi-sec, e.g what types of activities should I be researching while relaxing with mining? I am pretty noobish in EVE, aside from mining, so any advice will be greatly appreciated. I make enough ISK from mining (about 90-100mm per hour) to afford good ships/fittings too, and for now I do not aim to Plex my accounts, so the idea is to have fun most of all. I also intend to stick with 5 accounts max.

Thanks in advance.