Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Question Solo Play: ON/OFF

Howdy.

I'm using some sort of Pro config with Virtual Keymaps and stuff, and it looks like I'm going to need a Solo Play -feature, with toggle. (the same way how Key Maps: ON/OFF, Broadcasting: ON/OFF appears to you)

Solo Play: ON
    Toggles Virtual Combat Keymap off -> all slots except the current
    Toggles Combat Hotkeys off -> all slots except the current
    Toggles Broadcasting off -> all slots (just in case)

Solo Play: OFF
    Toggles Virtual Combat Keymap on -> all slots
    Toggles Combat Hotkeys on -> all slots
    Toggles Broadcasting off -> all slots (just in case)

I'm at work (duh..) so I can't test this right now, but could it be that simply?

(Without Virtual Combat Keymaps this would be useless, due to clicking broadcast and key maps off -> pew pew)
    Hopefully someone understands what I'm trying to do D:

Beeq
    Last edited by beeq : 11-19-2014 at 06:08 AM

I'm at work (duh..) so I can't test this right now, but could it be that simply?
    Unless you're firing off any Virtual Combat mappings with something other than Combat Hotkeys, you can just disable the Combat Hotkeys key map. Some people like to add Combat Hotkeys to the default toggle. If you do that, then it doesn't sound like you'll really need a new button, you just need to turn off key maps and broadcasting mode
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Unless you're firing off any Virtual Combat mappings with something other than Combat Hotkeys, you can just disable the Combat Hotkeys key map. Some people like to add Combat Hotkeys to the default toggle. If you do that, then it doesn't sound like you'll really need a new button, you just need to turn off key maps and broadcasting mode
    I'll look into this later, but for clarification, what I want to do is having all the Key Maps and stuff enabled but only for the current toon, other 4 toons are in-game but they should be in total idle mode.

I have configured my pro system like; tapping '2' does the Arcane Blasts if the character is mage, but in-game the Arcane Blast is bound to.. Shift+Ctrl+Alt+^
    So if I turn keymaps and broadcasting off, I can't use the '2' any longer, only the Shift+Ctrl+Alt+^ and that's where the troubles kick in..

I see. If you want the Combat Hotkeys to still DPS your current window, leave Combat Hotkeys enabled and just disable Virtual Combat in all the other windows (or whichever ones you specifically want). Then you can still use your rotations etc in the current window, while the others will do nothing from the Combat Hotkeys. That's because by disabling Virtual Combat, you're cutting the link between your Combat Hotkeys, and their DPS Rotations (and such).
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Out of curiosity is there any reason that Combat Hotkeys isn't included in the default toggle to begin with? I've added it to mine to enable solo play, but it just seemed like it belonged int eh KeyMaps off by default?

Is it just because then enabling one team with pro configuration (which adds the Combat Hotkey key map) would then require ISBoxer to modify an already existing default keymap?

I have keymap enable/disable and broadcast enable/disable keys in my Always On keymap which do pretty much exactly what you're talking about, though for the entire group instead of a single slot; any time I add a new keymap (e.g. for another class or spec) I add it to the enable/disable keymaps so it gets toggled with everything else. It should be fairly trivial to right-click -> Make Copy of the standard enable/disable mapped keys, change the keybinds for them and change their actions to enable -> self and disable -> all of: other to do what you're after.

If that doesn't make complete sense, I'm sure I can do a test setup and post the config file for you to use as an example. Actually, I've been meaning to do something like that for a while for those times when I want to park everyone else and just "play" one character for a few minutes.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 11-19-2014 at 08:42 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)