Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default What makes you continue playing/coming back to this game?

I'm just curious as to what motivates the rest of you other boxers since for the most part it isn't the social experience of it.

So whats your reasons?
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

I typically play for about 4-5 months out of the year and have quit and restarted multiple times. I fish 3-4 days a week during the spring and summer, so that is when I typically break. I used to give away gold and somewhat sabotage my account to prevent me from coming back to play. I once even made the mistake of deleting my isboxer set up. Now, I'll know I'll be back and look at me quitting as more of a break than "I am never playing this game again," type situation.

For what keeps me coming back, I really enjoy the chaos of expansion launch. The last couple of years it seems that i have been getting more and more enjoyment out of making gold. I seem to be pretty good at it and really enjoy the challenge of it. After reading about garrisons I was initially very concerned that they would ruin my enjoyment at the auction house. After more investigation, I am pretty excited about the changes and look forward to the new challenge. I think garrison armies might be a thing. I have been dropping alchemy and leveling a new enchanter or bs every day. I am glad they are making top end garrisons cost a substantial amount.

I also used to enjoy AV and world pvp. I still really like world pvp and was very pumped when I first read about ashran and it's comparisons to timeless isle. Timeless isle has been a lot of fun for me. Censoring and camping the ramp leading to huolon was entertainment for like 5 nights a week for a month or so. No follow in ashran was a pretty big disappointment and has had me rethinking how I might play in wod and do I need to reduce my number of accounts. Maybe even go back to solo-boxing. I decided I would play a month or so of wod with my current set up and evaluate after that.

I also enjoy running old raids for achievements, mounts, and pets. I'm looking forward to getting a team up and tackling some of the mop raids and farming thE world bosses.

Been boxing for 5 years on and off.. took me a good year before I got the hang of it. I like being able to do what I want when I want.

I try to avoid grouping because 9/10 it's just not that great an experience. I had my own raid guild in Wrath and those were fun times, but my daughter has special needs so I need to be able to drop everything and go anytime so in Cata my raid guild parted ways
    Joining a guild isn't an option for me. LFR I put up with because it was the only way I could raid and leave anythime I needed to.. but now tier isn't dropping anymore I'm not sure about it for wod.

I love the game and I love boxing, but have mad moments where I delete a team because it's not working the way I had hoped. I'm quite happy with the one team I have for dungeons.. I may make x5 of the same class for doing LFR.. although watching some of the LFR movies on youtube I'm not sure how much of LFR I could box.

I really want Warlords to be boxable from a pve perspective - time will tell.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 11-09-2014 at 05:24 AM

Hi, my name is Travis and I am an altoholic, and a MMO-oholic! I come back to WoW for major patches and expansions. I love the MMO genre and have pieces of my heart in different worlds. Eq 1&2, LotR, SWtOR, ESO to name a few. And i play all of them from time to time.

For me.. WoW is still the best, or easiest, mmo to box. It has the most robust and diverse addon system than any other game, which makes the game very customizable. It still is the easiest mmo on hardware. I have had so many awesome memories in WoW, both boxing and being in top raiding guilds.

Every time i try a new MMO, i am looking for the next best thing. Like I thought Wildstar would be ( if they make some important changes.. it still could be, but the aniti boxing stance turned me off thus far ) So I go to another MMO and after the newness wears off, i find that it just does not hold up to what WoW has to offer on almost every level..ie the ease of being able to multibox, the smoothness of the game play, the massive amount of content etc..Again, some of those games might catch up to WoW at some point. Until then, i will always come back to WoW.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

for me wow is still the social experience i have a lot of friends in game and the guild i play in ya i do box but even then with friends its hard to get a full group all the time i don't know why i box i just love the clones behind me makes me feel more powerful i love trying to get all my chars setup i love wow its part of who i am now. i don't really quit that much maybe a few months here and there but am always back.

im not sure atm..
    I enjoyed wotlk boxing as it was quite hard doing heroics for a while, a good challenge and the last 3 ICC 5mans were great and I enjoyed chasing the basic epics.
    ive come back for cata and panda and its just too easy. im horrified at the panda heroics, even after the stat squish they are way too easy and drop crap.
    It is the best game for boxing though for reasons already mentioned by previous posters. Not sure I would ever play it solo.

I box partly because I don't like playing with other people. They're mean.

Primary: suspension of disbelief is better in WoW than in any other MMO I've played. Just everything about WoW is well polished and fluid. Keeps me focused on the actual playing of the game rather than working around glitches, laughing at graphics bugs, etc.

Secondary: Configurability. The plethora of addons and interface config options means I can set it up to play the way I want to play, which again keeps me focused on gameplay rather than fighting interface problems or grumbling (get-off-my-lawn style) about how terrible some of the UI behaves.

Frankly, despite content being old, it's just a better game than anything else I've played. Others have some decent novelty pull but that wears off after 2-6 months.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I guess I like to feel like a special snowflake in the artificial world :P

I dunno... it's just one of those things, if you like it, enjoy what your doing, game play etc, then your going to keep doing it.

I like wow, have for yrs, I enjoy raiding on my single main, or few selected single mains, or by my personal army in RF and sometimes in Norm mode with 2-3.

I am not big on social side, I am not anti-social either, I just cannot be bothered really anymore for well ages, to really type text in game, or use vent too chat about whatever. I just like to do whatever I want at the time, and usually try to do it myself, with all 5 of me, or by using my 5 for mount farming upto like 300 and something lol.

And then log to my next 5 and farm again. Or raid, or in WOD case, play the Garrison follower game, its fun, I loved it in the Beta, was hooked for months on it and been aching too have followers and my Garrison back, since beta ended!
    And too take advantage of the unlock plan 3 upgrades way faster then single players, as alot are based on achievements on work orders or stone or seeds for herb garden etc, so this speeds it up amazingly fast.

I like how I can split my characters, camp something over there, dungeon on a few over there, or whatever. I am not limited by waiting on Q's and twiddling my thumbs, I can do various different things and use my playing time to the max !

My wife still plays and she still loves the game...so..she forces me to play.

Getting older makes a large difference too as I am no longer interested by the latest and greatest games. Also, I just dont have the same amount of free time as I did when I was younger.

Edit: 2v2/3v3 skirmishes will keep me playing for years to come.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 11-10-2014 at 12:31 PM