I thought I would ask for some advice from the Eve community:

Background:

I have been quietly working on my Eve Mining Fleet (10 Boxing) over the last 2 months getting them up and running and actually I am finding that I really, really enjoying it! While getting the fleet where it needs to go, I do see a day when I would want to start a pve / pvp fleet.

Action Plan:

(Phase 1)

I am going to be dual training these accounts to start getting the new characters going; hence I thought that while I’m not playing them directly they can be skill training. I was planning to train the CORE ship skills that pretty much every pilot would need at level 5 regardless of career choice. The ones I have identified are as follows:

Armor:
Mechanics
Hull Upgrades

Engineering:
CPU Management
Power Grid Management
Capacitor Management
Capacitor Systems Operations

Shields:
Shield Management
Shield Operation

Targeting:
Targeting
Long Range Targeting
Signature Analysis

(Phase 2)

In this phase I plan on trying to “beef up” the pilots and their ships so I was planning to go for skills such as:

Armor:
Repair Systems
EM Armor Compensation
Explosive Armor Compensation
Kinetic Armor Compensation
Thermic Armor Compensation

Shields:
Shield Upgrades
Shield Compensation
EM Shield Compensation
Explosive Shield Compensation
Kinetic Shield Compensation
Thermic Shield Compensation

I also understand that this plan would take a great deal of time to accomplish. But I am finding in Eve Online, if you do not have a plan you could waste a ton of skill training time and/or time in general.

The question to you: Is there any that I may be missing? Any advice from you vets would be greatly appreciated!