Close
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 66

Default New Multiboxing Build [Complete & Upgraded]

Upgrades have been done:

Original build video:

-----------------------------------------

I think she's going to be a beast.

I'll be moving my GPUs and PSU over from my old build for now, but the only thing I'm in need of is a case, which won't be here until the end of next week. =\

+internet points to anyone who sees anything odd in the picture
    Last edited by MiRai : 01-05-2014 at 09:16 PM Reason: Updated Thread Title

The air vent open with Dexter blood stash sitting there?

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    I thought that was a roll of duct tape.

you doing a ram drive? ( 64GB of ram )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    People keep telling me that Dexter is good and that I should watch it...

But no, that's not it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I thought that was a roll of duct tape.
    It''s the super sticky clear tape for packaging up boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    you doing a ram drive? ( 64GB of ram )
    Hell. Yes.

Last time I tried to get a good picture of performance with a RAM drive I was limited by my 32GB and couldn't test with 10 characters. Since then, the WoW folder has slightly gotten larger, so now even trying to squish the WoW folder into RAM with 5x characters on super high video settings is cutting it e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y close.

that is all sexy stuff!!!!!

oh can not wait to see 10 boxing , the new flex raids sould be doable as a boxer there kinda like LFR but better!

awesome stuff. The RAM though, how much does RAM speed really come into play here. I know when I am trying to OC to higher clock. My RAM speed has to be high to get there. Aside from that, no other value right ? Meaning if my CPU is fixed at 4.5Ghz. 1600hz RAM vs 1300hz RAM has no performance impact ?

What cooling are you planning. I've been thinking about building my water loop. Gathering parts to try it on my old PC first.

Quote Originally Posted by remanz View Post
    awesome stuff. The RAM though, how much does RAM speed really come into play here. I know when I am trying to OC to higher clock. My RAM speed has to be high to get there. Aside from that, no other value right ? Meaning if my CPU is fixed at 4.5Ghz. 1600hz RAM vs 1300hz RAM has no performance impact ?
    I went with 1866MHz because that's what my CPU supports, but I normally wouldn't recommend RAM speeds that are too crazy because RAM has the least amount of affect on real world performance. You're usually paying a ridiculous premium for 2400+ kits and I personally feel that they can be hit or miss as to whether your motherboard/CPU want to handle them correctly; not to mention, they're pumped full of voltage which exceeds Intel's specification (1.5V).

To back me up, here's an older article from Anandtech that I've thrown around on this forum before. It shows that, on paper and in synthetic benchmarks, faster RAM speeds look great, but when it comes to real world performance -- encoding, video editing, gaming, etc -- it's pretty much all the same. You may be able to squeeze out a few extra FPS in some games, but I highly doubt it'd be noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by remanz View Post
    What cooling are you planning. I've been thinking about building my water loop. Gathering parts to try it on my old PC first.
    I'm just planning on a two fan push/pull air setup with this (it's in the picture behind the fans). It's not the best-most-awesome-cooler-your-mother-has-ever-seen-in-action and it won't give me the lowest temperatures, but from the reviews I saw it should do just fine; and because I'm slightly shallow and tend to purchase things for their looks, its black matte finish should work well with the red/black theme of the board as opposed to a cooler that's polished and shiny. Either way, I'm not looking to pumpt 1.5V into the CPU to try and hit 5GHz or anything like that, I would be extremely happy if I could get all six cores stable and comfortably cool at something like 4.5/4.6GHz which would be ~33% increase in clock speed.

As for water, I would eventually like to do water one day. I'm not talking about something like an H100, I'm talking about a real water setup with pumps and loops and radiators. The only problem for me at the moment is that it would take up a lot of time while I figured it all out and probably cost me an extra $1000 because, like I said, I'm a sucker for aesthetics and I would need everything to look good.

Mirai is correct about ram speed, I even downgrade my ram speed for stability. My main computer has 64G ram, and 39G is the wow ram folder/drive. I'm only running 3 instances but I can fraps and have all effects on and run at 1920X1200. I fraps to the 39G ram drive as I have 10G of empty space.

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

The build is finished...