Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: pc for 5 boxing

Hybrid View

Default pc for 5 boxing

Hello!

Looks like I am going to go for a new pc for myself soon! YaY!

5 boxing as usual.

Not much $$$ to use as I also need to buy my 17 yr old daughter a new box as well.

Mine I am looking at this:

Which out of these 3 will benefit me the most, or are they all kind of the same other then slight price differences

Intel Core i7 4790 3.6GHz (LGA - 1150)

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz (LGA - 1150)

Intel Quad Core Xeon E3 1271V 3.6GHz (LGA - 1150)

Graphics:

Gainward 4GB GTX 760 PCI <-- will this be enough to have least maybe high settings as a minimum ?

Memory: no real idea, quite a few different kinds: G.Skill Sniper 16 GB Kit (8Gx2) DDR3 1600 Memory

SSD: not sure differences, like Kingston V300 240G and Sandisk Ultra II 240G

Obviously I want decent fps, without lag/stutter when running around doing various things in crowded areas on x5 characters.

Suggestions, help would be appreciated.

Oh with memory, what am I looking at/for, in regards too?

1600/1866/2133/2400
    Last edited by Shania : 10-10-2014 at 03:13 PM

I Would also be interested in hearing opinnions from some of the tech-minded people here about this. Old rig is held together by ducktape and wishful thinking and I'm hoping to upgrade to a new but somewhat budget build for my 5-box. Haven't built one in years so sort of out of the loop on hardware.

Both of you should consider a 6-core processor. My FPS went up dramatically once I had at least as many cores as I had game instances.

I think MiRai will tell you that of all the things you mentioned, the SPEED of your RAM will be pretty insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    Both of you should consider a 6-core processor. My FPS went up dramatically once I had at least as many cores as I had game instances.

I think MiRai will tell you that of all the things you mentioned, the SPEED of your RAM will be pretty insignificant.
    This is exactly the kind of feed back I am looking for.

And where hell is MiRai, hurry up gimme some good advice

This is why I posted, so this time when I do spend the money for build a better pc, I want it done right, as much as possible, to get the most out of my boxing, x5.

So your saying, 6 core processor you referring to then this: Intel 6 Core i7-5820K ?
    If so, what kind of motherboard do I need for it ?

And was graphics card above fine as well ?

I wonder if MiRai can build us our gaming systems in his basement shop?

Calm down, people... calm down. I saw the thread and knew I needed time to get some stuff together. There will likely be a new post here later today with some information. Until then, read this to hold you over.

EDIT: Sorry, I got caught up in doing other things tonight and couldn't dedicate time to writing a well thought out forum post.
    Last edited by MiRai : 10-12-2014 at 02:07 AM
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thanks MiRai, I was nosing over that thread you linked, and was making me re-think options.

Was looking at Lyonheart's build, and was thinking of something similar, after reading all your post.
    Except mine would not be same cpu, was more looking at:

Intel 6 Core i7-5820K unless for some reason, middle range one is way more important for whatever reason ?

Intel 6 Core i7-5820K is do-able, depending on what m/b I need and cost, and then ram, and graphics card can be upped to probably something like:

4G GTX 770
    3G GTX 780

roughly around $450 max for a card in $AU for me anyway.

If it means I have an extra 1 month delay to buy something that is going to suit my purpose properly, and not buy something and regret it later, as I dont have that kind of money too play with, so I want it to be right first time, even if I need to wait an extra month to add in some extra $$ then that is fine by me.

Okay reading alot, and looking at something like this, prices are roughly.

Intel 6 Core i7-5820K $459 - the 5930k is more expensive, is there much of a difference at all between those 2, will i tmake a huge difference to me, or slight or not really ?
    Samsung 840 EVO 500g SSD $259
    Graphics card $400-$600 or there abouts. I was looking at lynherts he mentioned a gtx ti, I see a 3g GTX 780 ti and some others higher or lower numbers beside them, what do I actually need, benefit me the most, for around my price.
    motherboard Ausrock X99 Extreme 4 $290 or Extreme 3, does it matter much ? I saw some others way way more expensive not sure if it will benefit me in anyway more, I do not plan too sli etc :/
    ram ? 16 gig, DDR4 - 2133 $319
    case totally love this, hope m/b fits ? http://www.thermaltake.com.au/produc...?id=C_00002143
    psu ? - noidea, actually how is it even worked out in what watt you need ?

700watt ? and cpu cooler ?
    graphics card, suggestions please be nice!
    Last edited by Shania : 10-12-2014 at 12:33 AM

The next time I replace my case I'm going to get one like MiRai's that has vertically mounted cards. That makes so much sense.

what case is it ?