Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Bare Minimum to box 25 Accounts-30 in a Raid?

Hey Guys,

I'm curious..

What would be the minimum hardware spec needed to raid with 25-30 accounts on one PC - is it even doable?-.

CPU:
    Memory:
    Hard Drive:
    Graphic Card:
    Motherboard:

Do any of you currently do it? I know that Prepared or whatever he's called plays 40+ accounts.

Thanks,

dust.

Prepared has 9 computers listed on his Twitch page. I would assume he uses all of them to run his group.

A single PC for that many is going to be pushing it for a 24-man group... I know Mirai did 60 accounts at once, but this was not a raid environment, which would make it a LOT more stressful per toon.
    The specs he had at the time were:

4930K @ 4.1GHz
    GTX 780Ti (x3)
    64GB RAM
    PCIe SSD

While it probably is doable on a monster rig, it will most likely end up costing pretty much as much as a few lower-spec computers. Closest example I can think of is Pinkskull, who runs 24 characters on 3 different computers. The specifics of each computer are available on his Facebook.

I'm sure some of the tech-heads will have more specifics on this.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 11-06-2014 at 10:47 AM

I doubt any combination of computer hardware available today would be able to handle 25-30 accounts in a raid environment unless you play at the lowest possible settings and resolution -- Which is obviously going to hinder your capability to multibox. If it was possible the cost of the hardware would greatly outweigh its usefulness and you'd save more money by using multiple computers which is how everyone else who plays a lot of accounts does it.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

You could probably run 15 clients if you had the latest 9xx series Titan GPU and an overclocked 6-8 core Intel CPU, as long as you turned things down as MiRai said and probably kicked it back from DX11 to DX9 rendering. Better would be to run 10 per PC, so you could turn up the resolution to something useful and actually run some addons that would help you.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Pre-patch 6.0, I smoothly ran 15 clients at 1920x1080 using an I7 3930k overclocked to 4.4ghz, 32g of ram, and one GTX 770 4gb. Post-patch, I lowered the resolution on non-main clients to 700x500-something and minimized all graphics and *still* was capping my GPU. It was unplayable.

As Mirai and Ugh said, you can run 10 clients with 30+ fps on my comp. You'd just want two or three of'em.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

I multibox 25 accounts using two systems and i fare quite well.

My slave system has a quadcore i7 3770k clocked @4.2 Ghz, 32Gb ram CL9 1866Mhz, GTX680 4Gb, connected to the screen to the left.
    My master system has hexacore i7 3930k clocked @4.6Ghz, 32Gb Ram CL9 2133Mhz, 2x GTX 780 2Gb SLI and connected to the screen in the center & right.

Using input director to control everything with one mouse & keyboard. Games are loaded from SSDs into a ramdrive to achieve nonexistant loading times. (Reading speeds of 8500Mb/sec, no joke)

Main pc runs 15 clients @ 50 fps capped, slaves at 15 fps
    Slave pc runs another 10 clients @ 50 fps capped.

FPS drops when to 30 in gigantic fight (40+ vs 40+) but never freezes or glitches.

TLDR. You need at least two PC to be able to take them all into battle at the same time.