Close

View Poll Results: Where do you get better loot?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • T6 Rifts

4 57.14%
  • Rank 30+ Greater Rifts

2 28.57%
  • Others (campaign mode, bounties, etc.)

1 14.29%
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Lets talk about loot

Usually I avoid participating in these conversations in the official forums cause they are based on single accounts experience and this game has too much RNG to base anything on the findings of just 1 player playing 1 character/account. But with multiboxers, there's a higher chance that the information is at least, a little more accurate.

I'm convinced that drop rates are not fixed in this game. Blizzard changes drop rates every now and then, without notifying the users. That includes Kadala as well. Lately there's been some discussion about increased drop rates in Greater Rifts and a nerf on normal Rift Guardian drops. Blizzard has this stupid philosophy of trying to make us the way they think the game should be played and it's 100% clear, they want us to play Greater Rifts, so it makes sense that they secretly buff drops there. So far, I can tell normal Rift Guardians drop nothing compared to what they used to drop before 2.1. I don't remember the last time I saw a legendary from normal RG.

Thing is, normal Rifts usually take half or even a third of the time a Greater Rift takes. U get a ton more crafting mats and mostlikely more legs overall. Not to mention u can use Boon of the Hoarder + Goldwrap and forget about survivability (assuming u got issues with it). Greater Rifts require Trials (really dumb idea) which also require time. I haven't made my mind yet about where I'm getting better loot. RG in Greater Rifts do drop decent stuff sometimes.

Whats your experience? What do u think its worth more in terms of loot?

If I'm looking for legendaries I'll do T6. Though like you said RG's in there never drop legendaries. It's also hypothetically more relaxing and up until recently another big thing was blood shards. You get a ton in T6 whereas in Grifts you need to have such a higher scale of difficulty for the same amount.

The only benefit to Rifts is that I don't have to constantly make sure I didn't miss a drop. It's all at the end.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

They have buffed drops for Grifts ... from mats,loot to shards was a little sneaky buff

I seem to get more from Grifts; but I don't have a huge pool of sample data. I also am not at the same difficulty scales are you guys; I'm still gearing up my new combination. [Somewhere around torment 2 or so, currently. Missing a few key legendaries to make things work, stupid Kedala.]