So I have completed on one account, the Military and Advanced Military lines and will be in my Gallente Destroyer, while I am also working down the initial 10 mission industrial line. I tried EVE before and didn't grasp the subtle nuances of its awesomeness but I think I am ready for the challenge. That being said I have read the EVE newcomers forum, about 3 pages of posts here in DB's EVE forum, read some EVE-University pages, etc... I have yet to subscribe an account as I am a few days into my new prime account.

So my question is when is a good time to add some accounts using the buddy system so I get more time and how did the pro's/more experienced players here get started.

I see there are lots of ways to play: ratting, pirating, mining + industrial ... is there a semi-standard path out there based on skill research training time + probably doing the intro missions for free ships + skills to get capable of being semi-self sufficient by the end of the trial period?

All that said I picked the Gallente line as it appeared to appeal to me the most with the drones and also the ship look.

Any advice before I start escalating my number of accounts and getting my ISBoxer set up to run it? I have watched quite a few of the videos here by Mosq2, Ughmyheadhurts and the other boxers that post here. Just looking to make it as painless as possible as finally I think I am getting what makes this game interesting and challenging.