Close
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 52

I picked up boxing again a little while ago, during my hiatus from boxing I picked up two 1440p monitors and now my two old GTX 670 4GB are having a hard time delivering a good enough performance for my taste. Framerates varies from 30 ish to 60 at "good" settings on all 5 accounts wich I guess is reasonable but the upgrade itch is starting.

Form what I have observerd the GPU is a bottle neck at my current settings so I almost clicked "buy" on 2 GTX 980's but decided to do some more testing. Cranked every account up on highest settings with new models and observer VRAM usage go up to 99,2%. So now I an not sure if its worth it to upgrade to another 4GB card.

Does anyone more tech savvy have any deeper insights into what to aim for?

Although it was reported here that the 980 Ti's wouldn't be out for almost a year, recent news reports that the 980 Ti will be out this month. I'd consider a pair of those. They'll be available with more vram than the vanilla 980.

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    Although it was reported here that the 980 Ti's wouldn't be out for almost a year, recent news reports that the 980 Ti will be out this month. I'd consider a pair of those. They'll be available with more vram than the vanilla 980.
    Cyberland has reported that the GTX 980 Ti release date is going to be on February 2015 despite rumors of a December 2014 launch going around.

Read more: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/...#ixzz3LHct8Za7
    Last edited by MiRai : 12-08-2014 at 03:30 AM Reason: Formatting
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

kDramaStars... What kind of website is that?

question for the Nvidia guys...

Should I buy a 2nd 780ti

OR

wait, buy x2 980's or x2 980ti's?

At 1st glance the 780ti and the 980's look very close in specs, with the 780ti being maybe $100 cheaper atm

I have an OC 780ti and I'm waiting for a pair of 980tis. One of the biggest reasons is that the 980s use a *lot* less power than the 780s.

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    kDramaStars... What kind of website is that?
    It definitely doesn't look like a computer hardware news site, and the webpage source in the article doesn't even work.
    -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowandlight View Post
    question for the Nvidia guys...

Should I buy a 2nd 780ti

OR

wait, buy x2 980's or x2 980ti's?

At 1st glance the 780ti and the 980's look very close in specs, with the 780ti being maybe $100 cheaper atm
    There doesn't seem to be much difference between the two, but I'm also waiting for the next round of Ti's or a sexy Titan-class GPU before upgrading.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Nvidia will reportedly release a mid-range Maxwell GPU – the GTX 960
    More info here >> Extreme Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Ñightsham View Post
    Nvidia will reportedly release a mid-range Maxwell GPU – the GTX 960
    More info here >> Extreme Tech
    /yawn

Someone call me when they hear some news about big Maxwell. I need more juice!
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    /yawn

Someone call me when they hear some news about big Maxwell. I need more juice!
    Just trying to keep up with the latest developments, but as for the Big dog looks like September