Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Coming back - Some questions about what changed

Hey all,

With the new expansion looming I am considering coming back to multiboxing pvp, as I am sure lots of people are. I have been 4-boxing since TBC but quit after the 5.2 /follow changes. I searched around a bit but couldn't find answers to all my questions, so I was hoping someone could help.

My interest is only in pvp. Primarily I run with premade AV groups for HK farming. This expansion I was thinking about running 3 accounts so that I could earn the 100 3v3 wins achieve as well. And of course if I can get a working setup I would also like to do some regular BGs.

So my questions,

I read about the soultrader and the brewpup, are there any other pets that work for IWT? I would love to not have to buy anything from the blizz store based purely on principal, but if there aren't any other options I will have to go with that.

Due to my shallow desire to top damage leaderboards in AV, I want a class that will spam high amounts of AOE in large pvp battles. From what I have read here I am getting the feeling that melee is the way to go for both ease of play and relative power this expansion. Rogues and druids need combo points and have never been very AOE heavy (except that FOK build for a patch in WOLK). Monks require deliberate use of mobility skills I am not sure that I can do. Shaman seem like they could be OK. And any of the plate wearers could work too. DKs and pallies seem to have the most self-sustain and spammy AOE type damage. Basically for my specific playstyle (large scale AOE spam-fest) I am curious what people would suggest.

I know that a lot of stuff wont really be known until we all hit 100 and the season gets underway, but I am optimistic about this expansion. Less instant cast CC spam and burst combined with the ease of gearing up should make for some fun times, assuming I can keep my team from running off in every direction.

Thanks for the help,
    Fusionsouth

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionsouth View Post
    Hey all,

With the new expansion looming I am considering coming back to multiboxing pvp, as I am sure lots of people are. I have been 4-boxing since TBC but quit after the 5.2 /follow changes. I searched around a bit but couldn't find answers to all my questions, so I was hoping someone could help.

My interest is only in pvp. Primarily I run with premade AV groups for HK farming. This expansion I was thinking about running 3 accounts so that I could earn the 100 3v3 wins achieve as well. And of course if I can get a working setup I would also like to do some regular BGs.

So my questions,

I read about the soultrader and the brewpup, are there any other pets that work for IWT? I would love to not have to buy anything from the blizz store based purely on principal, but if there aren't any other options I will have to go with that.

Due to my shallow desire to top damage leaderboards in AV, I want a class that will spam high amounts of AOE in large pvp battles. From what I have read here I am getting the feeling that melee is the way to go for both ease of play and relative power this expansion. Rogues and druids need combo points and have never been very AOE heavy (except that FOK build for a patch in WOLK). Monks require deliberate use of mobility skills I am not sure that I can do. Shaman seem like they could be OK. And any of the plate wearers could work too. DKs and pallies seem to have the most self-sustain and spammy AOE type damage. Basically for my specific playstyle (large scale AOE spam-fest) I am curious what people would suggest.

I know that a lot of stuff wont really be known until we all hit 100 and the season gets underway, but I am optimistic about this expansion. Less instant cast CC spam and burst combined with the ease of gearing up should make for some fun times, assuming I can keep my team from running off in every direction.

Thanks for the help,
    Fusionsouth
    hi follow works fine in arena

soul-trader got removed from bg's in a hotfix patch.

any pet your "alts" can interact with. so they could be a lot more.

with the removal of Call of arms this week in 6.0.2 av will be slow to get honor from the best place is ashran framing the monsters for the side quests 100 tokens for 1k honor (but follow got axed from there)

classess are a hard one and av not worked out my mind but i think am playing druids.
    Last edited by ebony : 10-12-2014 at 02:26 AM

DK's will still have spammable AoE - more so than pallies I think. HB is a ranged attack as well.

The brewpup might still be useful - we're in kind of a holding pattern with that one. Hopefully the mounts will still function. Who knows though.

IWT w/melee is pretty easy - I like rogues/druids because they have a port to target skill. I prefer most killing blows over most aoe damage any day. But - if you're looking for easily spammable AoE, DK is the way to go with howling blast spam.
    Last edited by Xixillia : 10-12-2014 at 03:08 AM Reason: forgot they removed deathcoil from frost.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Are combo points still in as they used to be? I thought I read a while back that combo points were supposed to transition to on "on the player" in WoD {sort of like a buff} instead of on the target like they do now.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2289/wa...s#combo-points
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...96688609734656
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

What little I've followed from the beta, combos were indeed (at least at some point) on the player instead of the target. Not sure if they've stuck with it.

wind walker monks have a huge arsenal of gap closing tools

they have a reflect all damage cooldown
    they can sheep on a 15 second cooldown
    they have two stuns
    they have two interrupts if you go blood elf
    they have two snares
    they have a ranged root that is going away i believe
    they have an ability that is like a warrior charge that doesnt need a target to use
    like hunters they have an escape ability but you are not limited to escaping backwards you can fling yourself left right back or forward
    they have a scary ability called flying serpent kick that rockets you forward and stops only when you click the button again. there is ghyph to auto stop you when you hit a mob. what I do is i use isboxer's do action on both keypress and release. so when i hold down my hotkey i fly forward and when i let go the hotkey my monk stops.
    Last edited by JackBurton : 10-15-2014 at 02:03 AM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Are combo points still in as they used to be? I thought I read a while back that combo points were supposed to transition to on "on the player" in WoD {sort of like a buff} instead of on the target like they do now.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2289/wa...s#combo-points
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...96688609734656

Cmbo points are on the player, not the target.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!