Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default How realistic is it to 10 box?

I'm really enjoying my 5 boxing, and while I know that it's a bit face roll at the moment (67), I'd started to ponder the feasibility of raids. I'd say I'm an average boxer, not using ISBoxer, but competent with what I'm up to.

My proposed group composition would be:
    Tank: Warrior
    OffTank: Monk
    Healers: 3x Priest
    DPS: 3x Mage, 2x Warlock

Has anyone any experience of controlling a 10 man by yourself, and whether level appropriate raid content is possible (bosses, not just trash)?

i guess another factor is how beefy a PC would have to be to run 10 copies of WoW?

I'm going to leave this here. Some very cool stuff to see.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3...deo-Compendium
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Doing a current tier 10 man is probably not going to happen. Mechanical aptitude is really necessary as the mechanics are punishing by design. Ideally, 5 is the limit on PvE as you'll want another head involved to handle mechanical aptitude and roles like healing and tanking.

Last tier or older doesn't really matter. I do BRD right now on my 5s at 90. At 100 I'll probably just run my 5s through all the Cata content I never did. So 5 is the magic number for me. The only thing I don't do much is scenarios ( I dislike these ).

You can do 10 in a LFR as those don't really matter / pretty hard to screw up.

I would really, really advise you to get max level and see if you can manage 5-man heroic content before considering upping your game. By your own words, you're facerolling content that isn't even at cap for the first expansion. Whatever you're doing is nearly 7 years in the past and probably not tuned to offer a challenge against modern gear, abilities and stats. If anything, it's been tuned down so people coming back or just starting don't have to struggle to play the catchup game. I'd be really hard pressed to advise picking up and subscribing 5 more accounts based only on that kind of experience.

Yes, it can be done. Boxers teaming up is also pretty popular, especially now that we've got RealID grouping and whatnot {so I hear, I don't even know what my RealID is, heh}. I suspect that saves a lot of hassle when you only need to bring up and maintain a single team. So I suspect the question is really more 'Is it worth it to 10 box?' and that's entirely up to you. One man's hassle is another man's challenge after all.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I toyed with 10 a few times, but short of a pvp angle it wasn't ever really worth it. If you have never been to the end game then doing 10 out of the gate will probably just add frustration. Gearing them up to the point they can do 10 man content is tedious and had to be done a team at a time anyway, so probably wiser to take the 1st as far as you can first then reevaluate. Leveling them together doesn't really save you much, especially with raf and such, the slow part is gearing anyway. You might find the gearing game itself tiresome, if you haven't been there already. (is usually why I quit wow).

On the other hand, it's only money. If it entertains you then why not.

Computer wise i would say a six core (hyperthreading helps more than you would perhaps expect in this) , 32gb ram, and a high end 3d card (eyefinity and surround are pretty useful for cramming 10 accounts worth of info on the screen) . Not a minimum, but that should be comfortable. It's been a while since I ran ten of course, so it's just a guess.

Overall it tends to tedium, e.g situationally cpu intense addons will randomly murder your framerate and require investigation. Inventory management times ten, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ishar : 09-09-2014 at 09:37 AM

Quote Originally Posted by MadMilitia View Post
    Doing a current tier 10 man is probably not going to happen.
    Um.... going to have to differ with you.

See the thread Xix posted (I just added three more videos of additional content soloed)

If you look at that thread, you will see that people have been soling current raid content for every expansion since Wrath. I've been doing a couple of bosses on Normal each week and have gotten down every boss on Flex that I've attempted. I should have enough gear to down at least Protectors and Norushen in SoO Normal on two different ten man teams this week. It will be fun to see if I can do more in the coming weeks.

It isn't easy and takes some time to get your teams ready, but I only upgraded my accounts to MoP about six months ago. I started with some level 85s then and I'm soloing raids now so the time commitment isn't insurmountable.

So it can certainly be done, not easy and takes time, but I have found it incredibly fun and rewarding.

Some additional things to chew on can be found in the following blog post by Lux: http://www.dual-boxing.com/entries/9...-you-have-them
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Thanks for the great responses folks

@Xixillia and @Mercurio - thanks for those video links, awesome to watch.

Solid advise from everyone else, I do think I need to avoid the distraction of creating another team. Focus on mastering the one group (which I do love) and bossing heroics will make me understand if I'm capable and enjoying it enough to bring on the extra challenge
    I have previously tried 5 boxing in BC, but that was Mac based and quite laggy, so became a bit of a headache. The PC experience has been much smoother and much more fun this time round. Levelling in dungeons too has been good to learn tanking better, and play around with mechanics and large pulls.

Hopefully I'll hit 90 before WoD arrives, and if I do dip my toes in the 10 man waters, I'll let you know how I get on

I would suggest 5man as well, I would also suggest playing with another group occasionally at least to compare notes and assist in getting over some hurdles; even if its just healing a heroic for someone and vice versa.

If you don't know the content, it can be worth it as well.